• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

SLA Industries Announcement

Kettlehelm

Validated User
So here's one for you:
The Origins of the Carrien - look for the PDF of the 2 page spread from the new Cannibal Sector One book:
https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfProgress/

;)
I take it that their existence as proto-Stormers and the Carrienisation Process from The Truth, is down the drain?

That still doesn't explain how they are fertile with humans, or is that why CS1 (the old book) was canned?

WordForge

Validated User
I take it that their existence as proto-Stormers and the Carrienisation Process from The Truth, is down the drain?

That still doesn't explain how they are fertile with humans, or is that why CS1 (the old book) was canned?
Hi Kettlehelm. This is exactly why the old books were made non-canon, there are some pretty key changes. Personally I was not aware of either of the things you mention. I will go and read up on what you mention.

nikink

Rampant Green
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Huh... I don't recall them ever being fertile with humans! Nor them being proto-stormers. I wonder if I simply wiped those tidbits from my mind for sanity. :)

I'm looking forward to the new book soooo much! It might inspire me to redo the random char gen at long last! :D

WordForge

Validated User

Ok having looked into it. The Carrien comments in the Truth should be ignored, and obviously that doc was never canon anyway so probably all should be ignored.
I, like Niknik, can not find any obvious discussion of Carrien/Human hybrids, but given the new book states they are a native race of Mort prior to its colonisation by SLA Industries, it seems very unlikely.

Basileus

Validated User
Given that there's a rather large amount of confusion over what's canon in regards to The Truth of the setting, will the new material lay that out up front for the GM? Its always useful as a GM to know the full backstory to help in coming up with your own stories and material.

WordForge

Validated User
Given that there's a rather large amount of confusion over what's canon in regards to The Truth of the setting, will the new material lay that out up front for the GM? Its always useful as a GM to know the full backstory to help in coming up with your own stories and material.
‘The Truth’ is not canon, so should not be considered as such.

Basileus

Validated User
‘The Truth’ is not canon, so should not be considered as such.
Sorry, I worded that poorly. I meant will we get an upfront explanation of the background of the current incarnation of the setting in the initial material? Regardless of the canonicity of The Truth document, the background of the setting was always subject to a lot of in-universe obfuscation, creating some confusion as to what is actually going on "behind the scenes." Laying that out at the beginning would be incredible useful.

Kettlehelm

Validated User
Here's the line about Carrien being being fertile with humans, this was probably going off the Truth Document so its based on out of date information.
From the Cannibal Sector 1 book published by Cubicle 7 with Nightfall Games, 2006, page 37.

"Even more disturbingly the Carrien seed seems able to co-opt other humanoid reproductive systems though the creatures birthed are always more Carrien. Mercifully, few captives survive long enough to come to term."

WordForge

Validated User
Basileus: The Cannibal Sector One book is a source book, so is not the place for an overt prescription. That said, there is more clarity and story arc development on that one aspect of the SLA mythos.

Kettlehelm: Yes being as that line is 'in the Cannibal Sector 1 book published by Cubicle 7' it can be considered non-canon.

Top Bottom