SLA Industries Announcement

WordForge

Validated User
But more seriously, if you have a secret that actually matters to the game, just tell people so they can use it to play the game. Otherwise you're valuing the ability to play "I know something you don't know" over actually making the game better.

(And if the secret doesn't actually matter to the game, well, then who gives a shit about it?)
There is no secret now. This post is about us making things clearer by stating what is canon (and therefore what is not). The document in question was never canon and therefore is part of the latter!

Miss Atomic Bomb

Welcome to your life. There's no turning back.
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't have a lot to bargain with, but tell y'all what. If we find out in this thread what lies behind the "half-truth"/Vader-dad thing in SLA Industries, I will reveal the origin of the Strix in Vampire: The Requiem.

Miss Atomic Bomb

Welcome to your life. There's no turning back.
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sounds like a deal
Okay.

Spoiler: Show
You ask the wolves, they'll tell you humans don't have any spirits besides our own souls. Spider spirits, rat spirits, no human ones.

That's because we scared them off.

In ancient times, humans were all action. We hunted, we gathered, we fought. We were smart, yes, but we lived in the moment. And our spirits liked it that way.

But then we got our shit together. We learned how to harness fire, we learned to believe in things. They didn't like that. So our hearths drove them back, our religions tormented them, and the sun our crops grew by paralyzed them.

The Strix... they could have been us. But we went our own way.

So that's my side of the deal!

Last edited:

WordForge

Validated User
Okay.

Spoiler: Show
You ask the wolves, they'll tell you humans don't have any spirits besides our own souls. Spider spirits, rat spirits, no human ones.

That's because we scared them off.

In ancient times, humans were all action. We hunted, we gathered, we fought. We were smart, yet, but we lived in the moment. And our spirits liked it that way.

But then we got our shit together. We learned how to harness fire, we learned to believe in things. They didn't like that. So our hearths drove them back, our religions tormented them, and the sun our crops grew by paralyzed them.

The Strix... they could have been us. But we went our own way.

So that's my side of the deal!
I thank you for it and clearly from the comments since, it’s a worthy secret. I am slightly sideswiped here as I was understanding your message to say that when I shared something you would. At this point I don’t have something to share. My promise to you is this: when I have clarity on a secret that can be told I will post it here and as a response to you. Alternatively, if you have a direct question ask me it and I’ll answer if I can.

El_phantasmo

Validated User
I thank you for it and clearly from the comments since, it’s a worthy secret. I am slightly sideswiped here as I was understanding your message to say that when I shared something you would. At this point I don’t have something to share. My promise to you is this: when I have clarity on a secret that can be told I will post it here and as a response to you. Alternatively, if you have a direct question ask me it and I’ll answer if I can.
WordForge - In which case, seeing as it's non-canon and already out in the ether, mind if I share what was referred too as "The Truth" in SLA? Spoiler blocked of course... and paraphrased ... it was after all an entire document (That I love btw!)

WordForge

Validated User
WordForge - In which case, seeing as it's non-canon and already out in the ether, mind if I share what was referred too as "The Truth" in SLA? Spoiler blocked of course... and paraphrased ... it was after all an entire document (That I love btw!)
Sure...as you say it was never canon, and even if it were would now be top of the not canon list.

Top Bottom