• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Slay the Spire] Have you Slain it? How?

Ferrus Animus

Validated User
My impression for wrath is, that you are supposed to retain cards and build up an explosive hand and then go all out in one turn. The main drawback, is that if you can't get out of wrath or win quickly the enmies destroy you. And the divinity stance really works better for it, especially if you got the cards adding mantra unlocked.

Knaight

Validated User
Wrath feels like it has two main uses. One is to step up to Divinity while you get mantra cards, the other is a combination with stance leaving, where you never end the turn in wrath if you can help it, but you fire it off routinely with lots of draw/energy cycling.

Tiran

Validated User
My impression for wrath is, that you are supposed to retain cards and build up an explosive hand and then go all out in one turn.
That kind of feels like the M.O of the watcher in general. There's a rare card that lets you immediately enter into divinity stance than it kills you on the following turn.

Wrath feels like it has two main uses. One is to step up to Divinity while you get mantra cards, the other is a combination with stance leaving, where you never end the turn in wrath if you can help it, but you fire it off routinely with lots of draw/energy cycling.
I think you ideally want to be switching stances every turn. Well, no ideally you want to be able to get into divinity stance every turn, but short of that, switching stances is the best case scenario. I quite like the empty series of cards. Being able to leave the stances at will is nice, since calm stance is more of a set-up manuever than an actual benefit and staying in wrath stance is a great way to get slaughtered.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
Yeah, I don't think the stances are to be viewed as strategies so much as they're all components of a cohesive whole. Calm is the stance that you swap in and out of, which keeps you fueled up with energy. Wrath is the stance you dip into for big dps. Divinity is your climactic payoff stance.

MistahJ

Validated User
Loving the new Watcher--upgraded Deva Form power card coupled with that one artifact (I think it's the Calipers) that means you only lose something like 15 block at the start of a turn rather than all of it has resulted in some really interesting high-block builds. I managed to beat the game using that strategy; launching out of Calm to build energy to continuously keep my block high while stockpiling Mantra to get to Divinity has been a good strategy with that deck for me so far.

Top Bottom