• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Slay the Spire] Have you Slain it? How?

Niles

Validated User
I'm pretty confident that the kite that makes you discard half your hand at the start of each turn is the worst energy relic.

Tiran

Validated User
I'm pretty confident that the kite that makes you discard half your hand at the start of each turn is the worst energy relic.
While not my favorite, that one doesn't bother me too much because you won't usually use your entire hand, and will sometimes have curses/status cards to discard. It can be worked around.

Ferrus Animus

Validated User
It's exclusive to the Silent. The Silent has plenty option to benefit from discard and to draw more cards. In the right deck it can be very good.

TheGrog

Validated User
It's an interesting game, but it feels odd to be avoiding so many cards. I can't help but think things would be a little more interesting if it was easier to remove starting cards than it is, allowing you to take more cards as you go. Instead of the current 'best of the best only, unless you are desperate for something' feeling. I know you can, at least theoretically, make fat decks work by huge card draw or exhaust fodder, but it seems iffy since the very act of making the deck big dilutes the mechanism making it work.

Knaight

Validated User
Just curious, but how many hours do you guys have in this game? I only picked it up last august and I've got like 125 hours into it. About half that is from when I first picked it up, and the other half is the past few weeks. Its a really addictive game. I feel like I could easily put hundeds more hours into it.
Steam says 300, but that's not all me. I got it pretty early as things go, and got really into it for a while.

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
The BEST energy relic, in the proper deck, is Snecko Eye. If you average closer to 2 or 3 energy, (and X costs) it will give you WAY more than 1 energy on average.

Ferrus Animus

Validated User
It's an interesting game, but it feels odd to be avoiding so many cards. I can't help but think things would be a little more interesting if it was easier to remove starting cards than it is, allowing you to take more cards as you go. Instead of the current 'best of the best only, unless you are desperate for something' feeling. I know you can, at least theoretically, make fat decks work by huge card draw or exhaust fodder, but it seems iffy since the very act of making the deck big dilutes the mechanism making it work.
The trick is keeping your ratios sane. I have had runs with cobbled together decks dipping into multiple archetypes that worked well. The reason many mixed decks don't work is because they lack the offense or defense needed on higher floors.

Tiran

Validated User
Just recently started working my way through the ascension ranks and its kicking my ass at A4. I mean goddamn, how tough is A20?

Knaight

Validated User
Ascension: I'm sure A20 is ridiculous, given the state of things at A9.

Sneko Eye: I've generally found it to be almost useless in almost every situation; it's good with a deck I tend not to have. The one exception is the random boss relic starting condition, where you build your deck around Snecko Eye from the beginning. There it's just amazing, particularly as the various iffy cards for a lot of damage for 3 energy go from iffy to incredible when they start coming in cheap.

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
I highly suggest looking at Northernlion's videos on Youtube. Not because he's the best player - he's actually kind of lousy compared to the real 'pros'. But he's at or near Ascension 20 on all three characters and I find watching someone who makes genuinely dumb mistakes sometimes, and doesn't memorize every interaction, but still manages to pull out wins make me feel so much better. :)

Top Bottom