• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Sleepless Domain: "the number one post-madoka double reverse reconstructionist deconstruction hopepunk magical girl webcomic"

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Okay, DEFINATELY Zoe's first night out; she didn't even know what her slingshot bullets do. Also, shoot faster! The big ones' cheating!

jcfiala

Code Monkey
Validated User
Wow, at this rate Heartful punch better watch out - Zoe's gunning for her spot in the character poll!

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So the first shot was Zoe trying to get the mobs attention and draw aggro.

This time she looks serious about it...want to start a pool on what the splatter radius of the monster bits will be? :D

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah her power seems to be some sort of metal manipulation, and the steel (?) bearings she's shooting is just a way to put the metal on a target. Now shipping as: Metal Coven.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So the first shot was Zoe trying to get the mobs attention and draw aggro.

This time she looks serious about it...want to start a pool on what the splatter radius of the monster bits will be? :D
I'm still can't figure out what happened to the monster. Did it disintegrate? That would be ... different. Maybe the monster was an illusion created by Goopy? I think there's something weird about the monsters that Goops tends to interact with or direct.

Notsteve

The work of an enemy stand
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm still can't figure out what happened to the monster. Did it disintegrate? That would be ... different. Maybe the monster was an illusion created by Goopy? I think there's something weird about the monsters that Goops tends to interact with or direct.
I think the monster's still there. We see the smaller half thrashing around in the second panel, and the bigger half has jumped up to the rooftops to go after Zoe. The outline in panel three is probably to show that it's moved, not that it disintegrated.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
I...think you're very confused? The one that got shot was last seen thrashing, but is still there. The one that's depicted as an outline in one panel is the one that is now on the roof - the outline is where it had been when Rue last saw it, blocking that end of the alley, before it went high to try to counter Zoe.

Huor

Validated User
That outline is an manga and anime trope indicating that a character has realized that something that used to be present is no longer where it was.

(Or, in the case of one unfortunate would-be protagonist, that the author has realized that she's so boring she might as well be invisible.)

Top Bottom