• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Slender Man/ARG] I've been contacted by a crazy guy with a puzzle.

Topher

RPGnet Member
Banned
So you guys know I've been doing Let's Watch! threads for everymanHYBRID and TribeTwelve, right? Plus I am also subscribed to, like, every series/ARG I am aware of, which is a lot of them.

I wonder if maybe the latter is why I got chosen for this. One of the series I follow is CaughtNotSleeping. Caught has a stalker/occasional kidnapper/puzzlemaking nemesis who has his own channel, 1AmTheHelp3r.

So earlier tonight my YouTube account got a comment from Help3r. It's obviously a puzzle:

Would you like a story? "858. up 543. suffered 1195. been 499. they 156. it,""

From comments on his channel, it seems like a bunch of other people got fragments as well. Combined with an earlier video in which he insisted "Alone we are weak," he's probably wanting everyone to work together to figure it out. I'll see if I can work on that, but in the meantime, anyone have any ideas on what kind of code this is? This is actually the first time that an ARG puppetmaster has reached out to me unprompted, and I tend to suck at ciphers and codes.

Help?

Thanks,

Topher

thePill

Validated User
I'd imagine there was a buried youtube video to be found, either unlisted or just on some anonymous channel.

Not sure how you'd plug those numbers in to find the video though.

Go back and check their previous videos for the numbers they gave you in the URL or video itself.

Knockwood

Trying to figure it out.
Validated User
Checked out the videos on Help3r's channel.

First: did you do anything with the numbers in the first video?

Having found the trailhead thread via google, it looks like they've figured part of it out: it's a Beale cipher based on Chapter 3 of Winnie the Pooh. So now you may just need to wait for more numbers. Then again, the related vids for the 3rd video have a lot of numbers... --Kwd

Top Bottom