• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Smallville] What's up with Tess Mercer? (spoilers)

Moira Monday

Legally a girl
Validated User
She's got classic Late PC Syndrome. She joined the group a lot later than the others, and so doesn't have years of established history. She's got a lot of unresolved stats on her sheet, which she's filling up to tie her into ongoing plots as they go along. But it's a bit ridiculous.

"Last adventure, I was introduced as Mike's character's handpicked replacement to run his company. This adventure, I'll resolve my undecided d6 Relationship as Checkmate Owns Me d6. Next adventure - oh, it's about Darkseid? Cool. I can resolve my undecided d8 Distinction as I Was A Teenage Female Fury d8!"
I think it's also because it's the last season and the show-runners really don't have time (and maybe not the budget) to introduce another main character - Allison Mack's practically already moved on to other projects, so we'll just have Tess take over the Oracle role. We want Big Barda? We're already paying Cassidy Freeman, just add it to her character. And so on.

Fred

Surely you jest, Mr Fred
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Allison Mack's practically already moved on to other projects
Oh, so that's what happened. I don't follow the news about TV shows, so I wasn't unsure if Chloe had left because Mack wanted out, the producers were fed up with her or her disappearance was actually a plot move.

Tchau!

Last edited:

Jack

Wave Man
Validated User
Oh, so that's what happened. I don't follow the news about TV shows, so I wasn't unsure if Chloe had left because she Mack wanted out, the producers were efd up with her or her disappearance was actually a plot move.

Tchau!
Seems she was cool with showing up some during the last season but didn't want to be a regular. So they worked around it. Hartley has expressed some hope of a reunion and happy ending for Oliver and Chloe, but I'm suspect that will happen.

Top Bottom