• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

So apparently Excelsior Entertainment is back

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
Got an e-mail in by in-box today from Thom who used to run Excelsior Entertainment (some may remember they were they had the Chronopia and Warzone/Mutant Chronicles licenses for a while). They changed the name to Cauldron Born and are now producing 'generic' sci-fi and fantasy minis.

And by generic I mean minis that seem suspiciously compatible with Chronopia and Warzone. But I sure as hell am not going to complain because I've wanted a surveil-erm-Cybernetically Enhanced Soldier since I saw the greens of it.

I wonder if they'll be able to produce the Dark Eden cavalry they were working on before they lost the license?

Scurrilous

Validated User
They've got a nice World of Warcraft vibe to them don't they?

I've actually got some not Mutant Chronicles stuff on my own work bench. They're not as nice, I'm just not a super sculptor but given the prices Prince August is asking, casting up a few not-Necro Mutants, not-Legionaires, and not-generic heavy troopers just seemed like a good idea.

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
Yeah, the new Dwarfs look pretty nice, but I've always been a sucker for Chronopia-style Dwarfs (and spears! SPEARS!). But I'm most excited about the not-surveilor simply because it is the only thing missing from my Cybertronic force. I hope they continue on making a few choice off-brand Warzone/Chronopia figures (and maybe some weapon packs for conversions) until they have enough stuff to make their own games.

The rules Excelsior created were really enjoyable so hopefully we'll see those return. So long as I can keep on getting pulpy sci-fi minis and non-standard fantasy stuff from them I'll be a happy camper. And if they can make a Chronopia style fantasy game then I will basically drop WFB like a sack of bricks.

Darting Flea

Validated User
Chronopia Dwarves were totally awesome in both fluff and visuals. On the coming soon page there is something that looks suspiciously like a Black Blood Troll (also one of the better Orc interpretations IMO).

Gah! This thread makes me want to find my Chronopia books just to read through fluff and look at the awesome art.
Agreed! I still have a bunch of painted Firstborn Black Sisters and Sons Of Kronos Blade Maidens in the figure cabinet, all forlorn and lonely. Be nice to blow the dust off them.

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
Chronopia Dwarves were totally awesome in both fluff and visuals. On the coming soon page there is something that looks suspiciously like a Black Blood Troll (also one of the better Orc interpretations IMO).
I think that can be said of Chronopia in general. It took some common fantasy tropes and turned them on their head in an interesting way (same reason I love Ebberon). Humans were the timeless empire, Orcs were fairly civilized and quite advanced, Elves were young and bold. That is game I wont mind seeing get some mini love, even if it does have the serial numbers filed off.

If they make any more Blackblood style units my friend will weep with joy as he has been doing arabian/persian Orcs in WFB. That ogre would make an awesome general.

Top Bottom