So, "New Agenda Publishing"...good idea, or not?

NAP...good or bad idea?

• Good! (A unique take on RPG creation.)

Votes: 116 73.9%
  • Don't Care. (as long as the games are fun, right?)

Votes: 32 20.4%
  • Bad! (Too limiting in company ideas/outlook)

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pming

Validated User
Hiya!

http://newagendapublishing.com/ is a new start up RPG company with an agenda (...it's in their name, after all, and their statement later on that page). I was just wondering the GENERAL thoughts on this. Don't get into specifics, because everyone has their own reasoning for why something is/isn't good or bad. I guess the question is this: Does this basis for a game company sound like a good idea?

Personally, I say no. I think it's a rather poor basis for a company that wants to make games that are all about imagination and choices.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Jetpack

Validated User
"New Agenda Publishing is a consortium dedicated to promoting diversity in the RPG community through our hiring and choices. We want to amplify underrepresented voices and help them tell new stories from their perspective. We want to bring more people of color and especially women of color to the table and we think the best way to do that is by hiring them to help us create the games and worlds they want to play in."

Why would this be bad? Is there something I'm missing?

Michael K

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
If they create good games, perhaps even with some unique views and approaches, sure, I'm all for it.
If it turns out to be good but traditional games, that's fine too.
If they try to move bad product solely on the strength of their agenda, I won't buy anything and that's that.

Yep, let's see what comes of it. I'm at least curious.

simonpaulburley

Validated User
Remove the word "game". "Does this sound like a good idea for a company or not?"

Well in other media I see loads of examples of this kind of positive action and to my mind it works, is necessary and profitable. It seems to mobilise an audience waiting for content.

Call me 100% behind it.

BigJackBrass

Two Separate Gorillas
Validated User
I think it's a rather poor basis for a company that wants to make games that are all about imagination and choices.
Choices? Like "let's do something for underrepresented people," that sort of thing? Sounds like a damn fine choice to me.

Miss Atomic Bomb

Welcome to your life. There's no turning back.
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm not familiar with Misha Bushyager's work, but Eloy Lasanta and Jerry Grayson are two of the best creators in the industry, producing a steady stream of absolutely brilliant work. Anything they're doing, I'll be first in line to buy.

I think it's a rather poor basis for a company that wants to make games that are all about imagination and choices.
I think you're dead wrong. This is a talented group of creators putting together a new company, and this...

New Agenda Publishing web site said:
New Agenda Publishing is a consortium dedicated to promoting diversity in the RPG community through our hiring and choices. We want to amplify underrepresented voices and help them tell new stories from their perspective. We want to bring more people of color and especially women of color to the table and we think the best way to do that is by hiring them to help us create the games and worlds they want to play in.
...sounds like exactly the kind of thing more people should be doing. Kudos to this team for taking it on.

EDIT: I'm not voting in the poll because I don't like the parentheticals attached to the options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom