• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

So ... Other Dust + Gamma World

The Radioactivist

Validated User
Just had a chance to download Grandfather's Rain and I'm digging the Gamma World (6th Edition by White Wolf) vibe it has going on. As a post-apoc guy, would Other Dust be a good investment for mashup fun?

It being old school, it would be easy to bring it up to d20 or Savage Worlds systems, I think.

Thoughts?

Crud, never mind. Helps if I search a bit first. Got excited you see. https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?638920-Other-Dust-How-gonzo-is-it&highlight=other+dust

Still, feel free to share.

Last edited:

Reverend Keith

I was a friend of Jamis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just had a chance to download Grandfather's Rain and I'm digging the Gamma World (6th Edition by White Wolf) vibe it has going on. As a post-apoc guy, would Other Dust be a good investment for mashup fun?
Yes.

A year or two ago I ran a hexcrawl-style game using a mashup of Beyond the Wall and Gamma World 4e (1992 edition). Other Dust was a fantastic resource for me and worth everything I paid for it. IMO, Other Dust has a much more intuitive way to generate themes, locations, ruins, and loot than most editions of Gamma World. Then again, I expect nothing less from Sine Nomine Publishing.

DMH

Master of Mutant Design
Validated User
Depending on how you want to end the world, Other Dust and Silent Legions work well with Gamma World. The latter is a Lovecraftian sandbox game from Sine Nomine and it could be useful if you want to add those horror elements to your setting. It doesn't have to be alien gods either, just technology that has made the world a much worse place to live in.

Top Bottom