• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

So whatcha playing? - A Thread For Chit-Chatting About Whatever Game(s) We're Playing At The Moment

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
Other games on my plate right now are mainly palate cleansers and "I've got 5 minutes to kill" pick-up and play games, nothing worth talking about.
I lied, actually. I'm still playing NBA2K17, mainly in MyCareer mode, and with some occasional team games in MyLeague mode using a created team, the San Francisco Comets. I have an inability to focus on any one character in MyCareer mode, for any game, that borders on the pathological, and I refuse to spend real-money for ability points or whatever, hence why I'm now very slowly building up a score-first PG after spending ages slowly building up a bad-ass Center.

Here's a video of the intro cutscene, gives you an idea of how the ones I've seen so far have gone down.
Awesome, thank you. I'll check that out when I'm at home on a PC with speakers. :)

Oxygen Not Included & War Thunder
I've got ONI on my wish list, and will probably get it one day. War Thunder is a game I know very little about. In my head, I have it filed away with the World of Tanks (and other World of things) and stuff like that.

I'm just wrapping up my Shadow of War Blade of Gladrieal playthru and plan on diving head first into Assassins Creed Odyesse for the next couple of months.
Man, I started playing Shadow of Mordor and never got back to it after my first play session, mainly because I have way too many games. I plan on getting back to it eventually, and then I look forward to tackling the sequel. AC Odyssey has my attention, and I think I'll eventually play it. Origins is on my wish list, eventually a sale will be good enough that I finally buy it. Playing stuff way after the fact is kind of fun, and definitely saves me money, but it makes discussing stuff with folk a bit difficult. Still, while I've played a bit of pretty much all the AC games up to Origins, the last one I actually played "for real" and for any length of time was 2, so I don't have the AC series burnout so many folks have, and so I think jumping back in with Origins and moving on to Odyssey eventually will be great fun. Eventually. After a big sale and a bunch of other games on my To Play list get checked off.

(So many games.)

Right now I'm working my way through the various Epilogues/ways to win the game in One Way Heroics+

Man, roguelikes are frustrating. I'm currently trying to go for a run with the Knight class, and it's a defensive juggernaut but. That's not how roguelikes are built to be played, so it's rough.
I can imagine. But you're having fun, right? That's the important bit. :)

Last edited:

empulsive

Validated User
I just got to 100% in Spider-Man, just in time for Pathfinder: Kingmaker tomorrow! Hopefully, they'll let me start downloading early.
Man, don't even talk to me about Spider-Man. I don't own a PS4, and this game is tempting me to drop so. much. money. just to be able to swing around in a photo-realistic version of my home town. Dang, it looks great. 'Grats on the 100%!

I'm gearing up for Forza Horizon 4 after trying out the demo this weekend. The open world, easier customization process, and slightly more forgiving physics of Horizon make it a little more appealing than Motorsport, which I tried last year and just couldn't get into.
Dang, that game looks absolutely beautiful. I hope you enjoy! :D

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
War Thunder is a game I know very little about. In my head, I have it filed away with the World of Tanks (and other World of things) and stuff like that.
Pretty much belongs there. It's got some important differences in mechanical approach and War Thunder puts the different types under a unified game (though I don't know whether the boats and tanks will get to be in the same game mode). I left World of Tanks (and Warplanes and a little after that Warships) in favor of it. But it's essentially the same genre.

empulsive

Validated User
Pretty much belongs there. It's got some important differences in mechanical approach and War Thunder puts the different types under a unified game (though I don't know whether the boats and tanks will get to be in the same game mode). I left World of Tanks (and Warplanes and a little after that Warships) in favor of it. But it's essentially the same genre.
It's an interesting genre to keep an eye on from the outside, and as someone who enjoys operating virtual vehicles and then blowing up other people doing the same, I can imagine that they're fun.

I have that whole genre of games in the same basket as Warframe and other PvP/PvE multiplayer focused action shooter games, as in games that I might want to check out one day to appease the ghosts of my own action-gaming past, but which I'm not too sure about now that I'm 40+ and slow, and so I don't go out of my way to try them. ;)

Yyyyeesss, it makes sense to transfer my Xenoblade talk here.
You are more than welcome to. :) I've been keeping an eye on all the Xeno- games since the original Xenogears, though I rarely play them. They're more fun to read about, for me. What's the latest happenings in your Xenoblade game?

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
I can imagine. But you're having fun, right? That's the important bit. :)
I am having fun, but when you've sunk an hour or so into a run and you see it end because the RNG decided to spawn killzones and enemies that can push you into them, it just makes you want to... not.

I meam, I'm generally good at avoiding killzones like lava pits or bottomless pits or being trapped behind walls/mountains/water as the Darkness approaches, but I have no power over whatever miniboss tbe game decides to throw my way, or the items I find and whether they're useful to me in those situations.

The worst is when I collect bombs or flame vials, only for them to explode on me when I get hit by a fire attack (and firebreathing is a modifier that can apply to any monster so it can happen everywhere)

M¥$T1C

chippin' in
Validated User
Mad Max on PS4, Warhammer 40k: Space Marine on PC, Super Mario Bros. on NES Mini, Need For Speed: Underground 2 (emulated) on Xbox 360.

Knight of Ravens

Validated User
I've been playing some more of Titan Quest: Ragnarok lately, starting up a new character and playing through the whole of normal difficulty using only items this particular character has found, rather than digging into my hoarded equipment. The Act III and IV difficulty spikes are just as fierce as I remember, but Act V... isn't so bad, there aren't really any difficulty spikes that I could detect although there are definitely some moments in Asgard and Jotunheim when it feels like a slog to grind through a lot of high-health enemies.

empulsive

Validated User
Mad Max on PS4, Warhammer 40k: Space Marine on PC, Super Mario Bros. on NES Mini, Need For Speed: Underground 2 (emulated) on Xbox 360.
Ooh, I like this variety. I bet switching between the different games and systems is fun. Of these, do you have a favorite?

I've been playing some more of Titan Quest: Ragnarok lately, starting up a new character and playing through the whole of normal difficulty using only items this particular character has found, rather than digging into my hoarded equipment. The Act III and IV difficulty spikes are just as fierce as I remember, but Act V... isn't so bad, there aren't really any difficulty spikes that I could detect although there are definitely some moments in Asgard and Jotunheim when it feels like a slog to grind through a lot of high-health enemies.
Neat, I love having the choice as a gamer to raise or lower my personal difficulty by changing certain personal constraints. Do you find you're having more or less fun in this run?

Knight of Ravens

Validated User
Neat, I love having the choice as a gamer to raise or lower my personal difficulty by changing certain personal constraints. Do you find you're having more or less fun in this run?
More in some ways, less in others? There's a genuine sense of excitement again in gear drops and random vendor items, rather than constantly churning through hoarded items that are almost certainly better than anything that might drop at-level. On the other hand, not having overpowered weapons and armour means I'm finding out which parts of the game are excessively slow or grindy and that's less than fun.

Top Bottom