• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

So whatcha playing? - A Thread For Chit-Chatting About Whatever Game(s) We're Playing At The Moment

Olof Jönsson

Tumto Lectis
Validated User
Got a bit distracted (and needed a break from MMO's for a while after the STO anniversary) by VtM: Bloodlines. Again. (And in accordance to the laws of gaming, this will prompt a bunch of people to reinstall it and start playing it, too.) It's using the very latest unofficial patch, and while it has glitches and bugs (boy howdy does it have glitches and bugs) there's a lot of very good stuff. Like a shortcut in the sewers when looking for the Nosferatu, getting you straight to the boss battle instead of wandering back and forth for ten RL hours. And a bunch of restored content, of course. Some of it works, some...has obviously amateurish voice acting (compared to the pros in the rest of the game that's admittedly a high bar to reach) and is glitchy as crap, or has inserted writing that's so-so, but overall it's fun.

...am I the only one who just can't stop myself playing as a Malkavian every run-through? They've added tons of little extra hallucinatory augmented reality to the poor lunatics that works very, very well.

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
...am I the only one who just can't stop myself playing as a Malkavian every run-through? They've added tons of little extra hallucinatory augmented reality to the poor lunatics that works very, very well.
The one and only time I played the game, I played as a Malkavian. It was faboo. :)

(And yes, I was one of those kids who basically only played Malkavians in the classic V:tM, and no I have no regrets. ;P)

R-90-2

Go green, friend an orc.
Validated User
Playing a couple of flavors of Phantasy Star.

First is Phantasy Star IV- while the Genesis didn't have many good RPGs, I'd still stack PSIV against anything that the SNES had to offer, because there's just so much in that game that all clicks together- the music, the superb battle animations, the tough but fair gameplay, the manga-panel cutscenes, and so on. Also it plays with the idea that characters have personal money that's outside of the Party Survival Fund that's typical of RPGs. Hahn you will pay for the privilege of being in this party and like it

Also been playing the retranslated Phantasy Star I so I can enjoy it with the sweet FM-chip version of its sound and music. Yeah, it's a grindy game and can be '80s RPG tough, but despite coming out earlier, it's still less grindy than Phantasy Star II is in its base form. Plus Alis's design still holds up.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
The one and only time I played the game, I played as a Malkavian. It was faboo. :)

(And yes, I was one of those kids who basically only played Malkavians in the classic V:tM, and no I have no regrets. ;P)
The best thing about playing Malk was everyone else complaining about bugs and me going, "what bugs? I thought those were just part of playing Malkavian!"

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
I picked up Crosscode. Its a pretty neat 16bit action rpg from a few years ago.
It only actually hit full release this past September, though I think it was in Early Access (possibly with parts of the later story excised, if I understood the emails right) before that.

StreetBushido

Validated User
Still playing a lot of ASTRONEER. Too much, even. I'm at the point where I feel that I'm putting in more than I'm getting out. I've done some spoilery stuff, but with no payoff. Kinda disappointed. Tonight's session may be the last. Well, I got my money's worth.

I'm thinking about picking up Rimworld for the weekend's gaming. I remember there being something about the developer being weird about the sexualities of the colonists in the game. Stuff like men never being 100% homosexual and women never being 100% heterosexual, and that he defended himself with anectodal evidence from people he knew?

Did that ever get resolved somehow? Like just assigning the colonists some kind of completely random (but perhaps weighted) "sexuality value"? Or is it still weird?

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
I'm thinking about picking up Rimworld for the weekend's gaming. I remember there being something about the developer being weird about the sexualities of the colonists in the game. Stuff like men never being 100% homosexual and women never being 100% heterosexual, and that he defended himself with anectodal evidence from people he knew?

Did that ever get resolved somehow? Like just assigning the colonists some kind of completely random (but perhaps weighted) "sexuality value"? Or is it still weird?
Here's the thread from a year and a half ago. I haven't heard anything about a course correction happening, and it seems a tad unlikely given where they'd positioned themselves, but I haven't been watching for it.

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
I’m trying to wrap up the optional ending in Hollow Knight, which involves fighting a tough-as-balls boss. I can last about 45 seconds... but that’s 15 seconds more than Wednesday... I’m getting there!

Also, the updated version of Bard’s Tale III dropped and I’ve been having fun fighting in the ruins of Skara Brae.

Top Bottom