• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

So whatcha playing? - A Thread For Chit-Chatting About Whatever Game(s) We're Playing At The Moment

Count Dorku

Renegade librarian
Validated User
Really late to the party on it, but just got Dead Cells installed and running in order to have something a bit less measured and slow than Dark Souls to do while my laptop fan calms down after DS3 sessions. I've only gotten up to the first boss, but it's been fun so far.

Agamemnon2

Validated User
I'm playing the first major DLC mission in Hitman 2. The expansion pass is a bit overpriced, unless you really like the Himmelstein sniper challenge map and really wanted two more of those. Luckily, the new New York mission, set in the Milton-Fitzpatrick investment bank, is really, really fun. Hitman is always at home in big complicated buildings with interlocking layers of security and access, and a zipping into and out of various security, banker and janitor outfits, making your way up to the CEO's office, feels really satisfying. There's even a couple of fun easter eggs and tricks you can do, such as crash the stock market or mess with the executive Wi-Fi.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm also playing Celeste, which is a proper and fun hard game. Only three mechanics, and one is the regular jump. You also dash and wall climb for a bit. It only uses three buttons on the controller. Yet it's fun and has plenty of difficulty, including the mental kind that you need to figure out how to approach a series of jumps. It's kind of a jumping puzzle platformer. I haven't reduced the difficulty yet, and my high score (i.e., number of deaths) is quite high.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And I finished the first chapter of Celeste. 8 out of 20 strawberries with no cheats. And 214 deaths. I consider that a personal best on these sorts of games.

On to the rest of the mountain.

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
(From Steam Sales thread):

I also got and started playing Changeling, a dark urban fantasy visual novel game with some romance. I can romance a vampire, a werewolf, a (non-binary?) mage, a psychic, or a fey. Hints that there is something supernatural with the heroine as well.

It will be interesting how they portray fairies, werewolves, and changelings in this world. If I’m remembering correctly, it sounded like Vampires can be either natural born or created, which I like. (I’ll have to re-read the info on vamps to double check.) Wonder if they’re going the typical Seelie/Unseelie route or if they got variety with the fairies/changelings.

There is a mystery with main character getting amnesia in the woods, so it’s going to interesting to find out what’s going on there. :)

Last edited:

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't like pragmatic Madeline. Pragmatic Madeline should go home and vacuum her room instead of following me around and trying to kill me.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Been playing Kamiko, now that it there's a port from Switch to PC.

I guess the best way to describe it as a kind of arcade Zelda? It has discrete levels, but each one with a top-down dungeon with puzzles that need a-solvin'. plus secret power-ups for the exploration-inclined. Gameplay is fine, chiptune soundtrack is strong, environment design, pretty neat.
How did this work out for you? Kamiko is on sale right now, but reviews are saying the game is very short, like an hour long. Just wondering how you found the game after having more time to play it.

JediSoth

Semi-Professional Author/Publisher
Validated User
As I can only tolerate fishing in Elder Scrolls Online for so long (and feel the same way about Heists and Sacrements in the Thieves' Guild/Dark Brotherhood event starting today), I picked up Burnout: Paraside City for $5 on Steam's sale. I like casual racing games, but haven't really found on yet with good controls. This one is not bad with my gamepad. None of the cars I've driven so far are too loose in the rear end, and while each handles slightly differently, none are too difficult to control.

The menu system, being a slap-dash console port, sucks, though. Still, for $5, it's fun enough. And there are no damn blue shells. Also, I don't think multiplayer works anymore because EA (boo) shut down the servers last year. Fine by me.

It reminds me a bit of Midtown Madness (the one where you raced through Chicago, or just drove around), since you pick and choose which race activities you want to do and when you want to do them (although some are locked behind certain types of cars, but those are uncommon). I haven't found a way to increase the level of traffic, though, yet, and there doesn't seem to be any police presence at all. But, it is an Open World Casual Racer, not an urban driving simulator. The DJ is kind of annoying, though, and there are a lot of unskippable scenes/animations (2 splash screens you have to wait for, then 6 you have to click through before you actually select your car, then 2 more before you play), probably holdovers from disc loading on consoles.

Now I just need something comparable to Monster Truck Madness and my casual racing desires should be fulfilled. Has anyone tried the Sonic racers that are on Steam? I used to play the heck out of Mario Kart on my Wii, but I don't see myself hooking that up again for one game.

Last edited:

StreetBushido

Validated User
I've been playing a bit of Yakuza: Zero lately and I think I like it. It's, unsurprisingly, very japanese. Very melodramatic with a lot of screaming challenges and making emotional statements. But I also appreciate that the story feels fairly grounded and that the characters are quite believable, if at times a little cartoonish.

And then there's the combat. It's really good, if in my opinion a little sloppy at times. I'd prefer it to be a bit tighter, but maybe I haven't quite figured it out quite yet.

The pacing is slow, but I also like that the story (stories, if you include the side stories) has the decency to take a break for some actual gameplay now and then. Although the gameplay is almost often "Beat these dudes to teach them a lesson".

All in all it's a pretty cool japanese crime soap opera brawler!

My biggest complaint is that it takes a long time to play. Thus far I feel that you just can't get that much done in even an hour. And since you seem to need a large block of time set aside to play it, I haven't been playing it a lot.

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
Started playing Galaxy of Pen and Paper yesterday, and am enjoying the dorky good fun that it provides in spades. My GM is "Admiral Dude" a guy who looks like the lovechild of Riker and LaForge, and my first two players are "Ripley Sun" an Achiever/Human/Trooper, and "Bryan Eyak" a Thinker/Green/Gadgeteer, and our good ship is the "Fassan Fyuris" and I am clearly having a fun time playing. :)

(Edit) Just added "Sissi Szalinski" a Socializer/Reptoid/Engineer. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom