• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

So whatcha playing? - A Thread For Chit-Chatting About Whatever Game(s) We're Playing At The Moment

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
I’m halfway through Banner Saga 3 and due to some poor choices on my part a bunch of characters have just died. Characters who I’ve kept alive since the first game and spent precious renown leveling up. And now they’re dead and it’s all my fault. Goddammit this game...

Killer300

Validated User
DIRT 4 is awesome! Also, even at my heavily assisted mode, feels really hard. I have a whole new appreciation of Rally, because if its this hard with numerous assists and stuff...

Yeah, I can't imagine how hard Dirt Rally, much less the real world thing, must be. I also understand why people seem to be... sliding, for lack of a better term, all over the place.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
Was looking for a game I could play in a shortage of motivation, and hit on picking up Eador: Genesis again.

I'm sometimes not entirely sure whether playing it is actually fun. At least the way I play it it's got a colossal amount of 4x 'you won, now spend the next 50 turns actually finishing the game' going on. But it's got a ridiculously strong one-more-turn effect.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I picked up Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice on sale for my 3DS. It's fun and funny and about what you'd expect from a PW game. Good so far.

I also started playing Child of Light again on my Switch. Got a good bit further than last time, playing with skills differently this time. I think I'm going to start having to rely on potions more or just grind more, it's getting a little bit bullshit again. OTOH the plot is simple but entertaining and the visuals and dialog (all poetry) are cool, so it's still fun enough.

JediSoth

Semi-Professional Author/Publisher
Validated User
I bought a PS4 over the weekend and started playing Horizon Zero Dawn to take a break from Elder Scrolls Online. It's everything I'd hoped for (i.e. I find it engaging enough that I can't wait to get back home to play more). After four days of playing, I'm finally getting the hang of the controller (been using a keyboard & mouse primarily for games like this for decades, except The Witcher 3), though I do still have to button-spam some fights when I screw up my stealth approach. Aloy swears less than I do in those situations. :D

I've reached the part where I have to clear out corrupted machines before I can move ahead to Meridian, so I'm going to scour the land a bit for resources and side-quests, I think.

MadCow

Master of all evil bovine
Validated User
I've just started playing Fire Emblem: 3 Houses. Although I know of the series from Smash and the Warriors series, but this is my first Fire Emblem game.

Playing as a male "demon" 🤣 going by the name of Ryleth, on normal/classic difficulty. Took charge of the Black Eagles and have completed the first two mission battles, with another castle storming mission coming in one week of game time.

The tutorial has so far been pretty good at introducing the game elements in bite-sized chunks, though at this point apparently I haven't unlocked the armory yet so I can't repair my damaged weapons yet.

The instant-rewind mechanic is... interesting. I gather from the reviews that it is a new thing that will probably put off veteran Fire Emblem players, and I too had planned to not use it, but it seems like the game indirectly wants you to use it. See... after my first casualty I thought I'd just go reload my last save... except I couldn't find the option. Ok, nevermind, I'll quit to main menu and load from there. Hmm... no such button or option in the middle of combat??

Oh well, reverse time it is!! 😅

The exploration segment is kind of tedious... though maybe it's just my completionist nature of trying to talk to everyone and explore every corner of the map for items before moving on.

Teaching mechanic is pretty interesting but some of the rng can be frustrating especially when you've got a student who is almost ready to level up a skill but then gets a string of bad rolls.

Anyways, that's my impressions so far. Gotta plan for the big battle ahead now...

pdboddy

Used Register
Validated User
Back into World of Tanks of late, with some side jobs getting done in Elite Dangerous.

Agamemnon2

Validated User
This week I've been mostly playing Rocket League. Been knocking away some of the easier PSN trophies. I might actually go for the platinum for this one, since all the difficult trophies in the game were actually added in DLC. One of the main hurdles I still have left is completing the single player season mode victoriously (there's a knack to it though, since you can always restart a match that's not going your way, the season mode only saves after a completed match). Other than that, I have to finish all three training drills, drive a total of 50 km, achieve 20 saves and score one goal by knocking my opponent into the ball into the net. Plus the game's just a lot of fun to dabble in occasionally, even if my online skills leave a little to be desired.

I also tried For Honor, which was on my hard drive from a previous PS Plus freebie. I couldn't get past the beginning at all, the General at what I believe was the last part of the mandatory tutorial was a complete roadblock for me. The game just has too many elements to juggle. You have to keep an eye on the enemy's swing timing, change your stance for blocking and swinging, manage your stamina, figure out where to dodge certain attacks, manage your stamina, try to drain your opponent's stamina, break their guard and punish them when they leave themselves open. It just... wasn't doable for me at all. The controls were awful and hurt my hands.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
War Thunder has a big event with six give-away vehicles, which has dragged me in in a big way. As usual, event goals have a way of making things unpleasant - especially the already frustrating tank battles, often. It's going reasonably well though...

Top Bottom