so - who's Ken Whitman?

Moritz

user, registered
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think that sticky topic is rather interesting and I'll sure follow it.

but - who is the person and where is anything that would constitute libel???

[I am just asking for information not for a discussion. at the current stage I'd rather just let the mods tackle it]

Scurrilous

Validated User
Can't tell you, he might try to sue me.

He's a guy who's worked in the industry and been associated with a variety of things that didn't go off quite as well as was hoped.

C.W.Richeson

RPG Reviewer
RPGnet Member
He used to / may kinda still run RapidPOD, a printing company.

He has worked on a few games over the years.

Pretty much all the problems seem to stem from the Game Industry Shop Talk forum, where folk have warned others away from him based on an alleged history of shady business dealings.

Afterburner

Remarkably expressive bandages
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pretty much all the problems seem to stem from the Game Industry Shop Talk forum, where folk have warned others away from him based on an alleged history of shady business dealings.
#27 on the Big List of Things That Never Work(tm):

Attempting to repair your reputation by suing (or threatening to sue) the people who have bad things to say about you.

Mandrion

Validated User
#27 on the Big List of Things That Never Work(tm):

Attempting to repair your reputation by suing (or threatening to sue) the people who have bad things to say about you.
Well... ACTUALLY suing and winning would work. 'cause, you know, in order to win, you have to prove that what they said is untrue. And in that case, suing them is perfectly justified (and a fairly good way to get them to stop saying false things about you and to let the world know that you have proof it is untrue).

Merely threatening, on the other hand, is not as effective, especially if they happen to be right...

Scurrilous

Validated User
To be perfectly frank, the act of sueing poisons more people against him than anything else he could do.

It may not always be fair but it's always true.

Top Bottom