• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[+] So, who's playing Age of Sigmar?

Dragonlover

Validated User
I've only managed to get a few games in, but I'm really enjoying it. Admittedly, our group has added the Azyr Comp system, just because we're all 40Ker's as well and can't do things with out points values. It also helps govern game length, which is nice since some of our players think they play faster than they actually do. I don't have a problem with the 'stick whatever on the table' approach, but it makes working out why you lost really hard.

I'm playing the Khorne Bloodbound, and I was kind of surprised just how much you need to pay attention to synergy with them. I was expecting it to just be 'run over there and punch things' but you really need to pay attention to where your units are so that all the buffs can be applied. I also need a Warshrine from the Warriors of Chaos list, turns out it's got the relevant keywords to buff the Bloodreavers in the event of my Bloodsecrator dying.

Dragonlover

durecellrabbit

Validated User
I don't have anyone to play with but I was painting up a Khorne army. I've taken a break to work on other projects but I still have some terrain and more models to work on at a later date.

VictorVonDoom

Hikikomori
Validated User
Doom has gotten in about a dozen games. He uses his own comp system as Azyr is too granular for his tastes. It's a fun enough game, but Doom misses large armies with unit formations and the ability to customize characters

Dragonlover

Validated User
@durecellrabbit: That sucks, if you ever find yourself down this end of the country let me know, if i can't give you a game I'll know someone that can.

@Doom: Got a link to your comp system? Wouldn't mind a nose around it.

Dragonlover

VictorVonDoom

Hikikomori
Validated User
@Doom: Got a link to your comp system? Wouldn't mind a nose around it.

Dragonlover
Its a formula, pretty simple to calculate

ATTRIBUTES
Wounds (W) x5
Movement (Mv) -1 for D6 or every point below 5 / 6-7 +1pt / 8-9 +2pt / 10 +3pt / over 10 or 2D6+ +5pt /
If model can Fly, Mv value is equal to the total Movement score -5 (minimum 1)
Bravery (Bv) +1/-1 for every point above/below 5
Save (Sv) -2 if no save / +1 for every point below 6

PROWESS
Attacks x Damage If random Attacks/Damage, count D3 as 2, D6 as 3, 2D3 as 4, 2D6 as 6, etc.
If an attack does Mortal Wounds, see SPECIAL below
To-Hit & To-Wound +/- 1pt for any difference from 4+
Rend +1pt for every point of Rend
Range (Melee) +1pt for every point above 1”
Range (Shooting) less than 10” x.5 10 - 12” -1pt
24” or more +1pt 30” or more x1.5
Add together modifiers for all weapons that can be used in one turn

SPECIAL
Minor Abilities 1 x model’s Wound value (x.5 if high risk/conditional, rounding up)
Moderate Abilities 5 x model’s Wound value (x.5 if high risk/conditional, rounding up)
Major Abilities 10 x model’s Wound value (x.5 if high risk/conditional, rounding up)
Command Abilities +10pt
Healing Average Wounds Healed x5 + Model’s Total Wounds
(x.5 if high risk/conditional, minimum model’s Total Wounds)
Magic +25pt per spell that can be cast in a single turn
+25pt for any exceptionally powerful spells (e.g. The Dreaded Thirteenth Spell)
Mortal Wounds 5 + Average Mortal Wounds Inflicted x 5
(Model’s Wound Value x Average Wounds if inflicted posthumously)

KEYWORDS
Multiply the total points value by 1.5 if the Warscroll features any of the following Keywords (multiply by 2 if it contains 2 or more):
HERO / MONSTER / PRIEST / WAR MACHINE / WIZARD
Add +25 to the total if model is a Special Character

COMMAND
Calculate value as per Special Abilities, rounding up to the nearest multiple of 5 (minimum +5)

FINAL STEP
Multiply by Unit Size and divide the total by 25 (rounding to the nearest multiple of 25)

Last edited:

Crumbs

Validated User
I like it but I don't try to make it into WHFB.

I either do both sides must be no more than his total wounds or just say F it and throw everything out. Depends how we are feeling.

durecellrabbit

Validated User
I'm really thinking about a Sylvaneth army. What book should I get?
They're a very small part of the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Book but you can also use the rules from the Wood Elf pdf or the army builder App. Only Stormcast Eternals and Khorne Bloodbound have proper army books.

Dragonlover

Validated User
I'm really thinking about a Sylvaneth army. What book should I get?
What durecellrabbit said. For me it's one of the beautiful things about the game, all of it being free. Also the fact you can buy a couple of units you think look cool, and away you go.

Dragonlover

CrazyIvan

C. different
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I haven't had a chance yet, but I realized a couple days ago I have the makings of like, four small forces, and my wife and I could play.

Top Bottom