Speak Easy in the Golden Bough IC Thread.

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
Thibodeau

OOC: Know: 27/65 succeeds.

"You've done excellent work here, Desmond," Thibodeau says. He motions for the bartender to bring over another drink for Desmond.

"So, shall we head out to the mound at first light? Have done with this?"
Desmond taps the letter from Olivier Hanover that she had sent to Madam Yolanda "There is this lady, who lives....ah....in Chestnut street Aylesbury. Mass. Her name cropped up in note paper found in the book from the museum too. And a Granny Barnes who knows of the actual mound."

OOC: The letter
Dear Beatrice.
Enough of reminiscing about the old days at school! To answer your question, yes, according to my informant Granny Barnes, there is a coiled-snake mound in this area. Granny lives several miles from here in the township of Dunwich. She is reclusive, but I've spoken with her several times. She knows many Indian tales that she learned as a Young girl. She even knows a few songs reputedly sung by Abenaki tribes long-lost to this area. I have not seen the mound myself; she says it is deep in the woods. I don 't recall legends of odd visitors to this mound. but there are plenty of stories about things hidden in it, gold and evil spirits and so on. Granny doesn't trust people, but she feels comfortable with me.
Olivia

Note
Also found in the book is a piece of notepaper with handwriting.

Miss Oiivia Hanover of Aylesbury County, supplied me with a copy of Father Raymond's manuscript, dated 1577, from which I quote. "I had seen with my own eyes the horror that lay beneath that terrible desert mound, and watched in awe as my guide and friend destroyed the thing we had exposed ... He told me of another place which lay far north and east, beyond many rivers. If others such as this blasphemy lie hidden in serpent mounds, then such eggs of Satan as are there must aIso be destroyed. "

Miss Hanover states that in the area of Dunwich what is known as the 'coil'd sarpent hill' reputedly exists. Whatever lies within it is surely of Satan's hand

Just offering a recap here of other clues.

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Much appreciated," Kimball says, taking the typewritten paper. He reads it carefully, then hums the notes to himself a few times.

"Where are those jade eyes?" he asks, looking up. "I'm getting the strong impression the answer ought to be either 'ground to powder' or 'at the bottom of Lake Michigan.' "

OOC: Know 69/75, just made it.

RuneMagus

Validated User
"What? Yes, got them." Scott replies "But no one's gettin' rid of them, I've got this feeling they're the answer."

"Question is what we gonna do about that meteorite slime. Been thinking about it and I reckon it broke out of that meteorite and then out of the case, it wasn't someone breaking into the case!"

Validated User
Brian McCaulley PI interrupts "I tracked down Miss Hanover, last week. Took a drive out to her place. Wealthy spinster and very interesting."

OOC: off to work. Will feed some info through him when i get back. Apologies to N ncc2010 for npcing his character.

Validated User
The private eye continues by explaining that Miss Hanover had given him a letter of introduction to Granny as "She's known to be unfriendly to say the least."

It seems that only she knows the exact location of the mound.

Also shown to McCaulley was an old drawing made by Father Raymond of a stone plaque or tablet which he found buried atop the mound he discovered. It shows a central point surrounded by nine circles, each circle another dot.

"Though there's only eight planets Miss Hanover seemed to think it represents the solar system."

ncc2010

Blue Blaze Irregular
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: off to work. Will feed some info through him when i get back. Apologies to N ncc2010 for npcing his character.
OOC: Sorry, been a busy weekend, mostly, and I've been a completely unmotivated goof, except for yardwork and getting the basement finished. With luck, I might actually get the power washer downstairs tomorrow and get the floors cleaned so that I can put down the self-levelling epoxy resin, properly seal the door, snake out the drain, paint the walls, lay down the new tile, and get my damn trains set up. Finally.

Top Bottom