Speak to me of Deckbuilding Games

WightMutt

The Doge One
Validated User
Thanks to this thread picked up Clank! and had a blast with it over the weekend. Going to try out the solo app and see how it goes.

I noticed on the app Clank! In Space seems to have a slot in the app does that mean it also had a solo mode?

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I noticed on the app Clank! In Space seems to have a slot in the app does that mean it also had a solo mode?
I don't know what you mean by "slot". I know there is at least one expansion for the physical game. Maybe the app people are in the process of implementing it for the digital version?

WightMutt

The Doge One
Validated User
It's an all in one app for several of thier games. When you start the game you have the option of selecting which game you want the app to be running. Sorry if the term was too opaque seemed to fit.

Haven't had a chance to more than glance at the app so was wondering if that means Clank! In Space was now solvable, add from some quick research I did earlier it wasn't.

EDIT: Looks like from information on BoardGameGeek it does in fact have solo play. So good to know.

Last edited:

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Quality doesn’t guarantee success? No accounting for personal taste? Lost in the glut of other amazing games? I mean, seriously, there’s tons of possibilities there and that’s before you start pointing fingers.

It's much simpler than that. It was a CCG that got released in 2005. That's pretty much the nail in the coffin right there. I can't even remember the last time there was a CCG that lasted more than 2 years since the original Mtg/Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh publications. FFG nailed the more successful model for non-MtG card games with the LCG format IMO.

Last edited:

Reynard

Validated User
I bought Dragonfire on a whim yesterday and after me and the kids got totally steamrolled on our first outing, I feel like the difficulty in this game might be dialled too high. Does anyone have any experience with and advice for Dragonfire?

JasonKW

Validated User
I bought Dragonfire on a whim yesterday and after me and the kids got totally steamrolled on our first outing, I feel like the difficulty in this game might be dialled too high. Does anyone have any experience with and advice for Dragonfire?

Did you do the tutorial run? Because that shit's not a good example of play. Just keep out the rules reference and do Dungeon Delve 1. If you forget to do something, write it down and move on. The game is tough, and there is a lot to take in. But the tutorial? Bah!

Top Bottom