• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Spears of the Dawn character sheets

D-503

Cosmonaut
Validated User
Hi there,

Are sheets for Spears of the Dawn downloadable anywhere? I have a pdf of the game, but as I bought it instead of stealing it rpg.now saw fit to put my name at the bottom of every page as a security measure and I'd rather not have my name on the bottom of every character sheet (also, I really dislike that security measure. Seriously, I get print on the bottom of every page because otherwise you figure I'll upload it to a piratesite? Thanks rpgnow!).

akajdrakeh

Pronounced 'akkadrakka'
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I believe that's a watermark. I don't think it shows up when you print. I've printed tons of watermarked PDFs from RPGNow and I don't think those watermarks showed up on any of them.

D-503

Cosmonaut
Validated User
I believe that's a watermark. I don't think it shows up when you print. I've printed tons of watermarked PDFs from RPGNow and I don't think those watermarks showed up on any of them.
It is, and it did. Every page had it printed on it, I wouldn't have minded otherwise.

Thanks though.

akajdrakeh

Pronounced 'akkadrakka'
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Huh. It has been a while (almost two years, I think) since I printed one of their watermarked documents. I suppose it's possible that they've changed the process since then. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

D-503

Cosmonaut
Validated User
Huh. It has been a while (almost two years, I think) since I printed one of their watermarked documents. I suppose it's possible that they've changed the process since then. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Hey, thanks for trying.

It is a really irritating security feature. It basically means I got a worse product because I paid, which never seems to me a good business strategy. Still, I do encourage paying not least because Sine Nomine is a one-man band producing vast coolness. I'd just rather drivethru/rpgnow didn't then bork the final product in this way.

urbwar

Hallowicked
Validated User
Hey, thanks for trying.

It is a really irritating security feature. It basically means I got a worse product because I paid, which never seems to me a good business strategy. Still, I do encourage paying not least because Sine Nomine is a one-man band producing vast coolness. I'd just rather drivethru/rpgnow didn't then bork the final product in this way.
To be fair, a publisher sets whether the book is watermarked or not; it is no longer mandatory for files to have them.

Having said that, I sent you a pm ;)

D-503

Cosmonaut
Validated User
To be fair, a publisher sets whether the book is watermarked or not; it is no longer mandatory for files to have them.

Having said that, I sent you a pm ;)
Ah. Thanks for that correction.

Edit: And for the PM. Also, sorry all if I'm a bit grumpy in this thread. It's due to spending most of the day at work rather than anything Spears of the Dawn related really.

Last edited:

urbwar

Hallowicked
Validated User
Ah. Thanks for that correction.

Edit: And for the PM. Also, sorry all if I'm a bit grumpy in this thread. It's due to spending most of the day at work rather than anything Spears of the Dawn related really.
It's not like there was a big announcement about that fact, so no worries. But yeah, publishers can set whether something has a watermark or not.

And as I said via pm, your welcome :)

CardinalXimenes

Validated User
That's odd- I thought I took watermarks off my books, though I must have missed a few. I've just changed the settings on Spears of the Dawn to remove the watermark, so if you download a fresh copy it should be free of it.

D-503

Cosmonaut
Validated User
That's odd- I thought I took watermarks off my books, though I must have missed a few. I've just changed the settings on Spears of the Dawn to remove the watermark, so if you download a fresh copy it should be free of it.
Thanks!

Top Bottom