• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spinoff] What System Would You Use for Rifts?

Kinetic Energy Weapon

flouveida
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is NOT a sell me thread. I was just reading the Palladium thread, and found myself wondering how different RPG.net members would do it.

So let's say, hypothetically, you were going to run Rifts, but with another established system that isn't Palladium's. Which one would you choose, and why? If the system doesn't have magic, or psionics, or mecha, or some other thing that Rifts has, how would you add it?

athros

Validated User
This is NOT a sell me thread. I was just reading the Palladium thread, and found myself wondering how different RPG.net members would do it.

So let's say, hypothetically, you were going to run Rifts, but with another established system that isn't Palladium's. Which one would you choose, and why? If the system doesn't have magic, or psionics, or mecha, or some other thing that Rifts has, how would you add it?
I'm actively working on a conversion to Strands of FATE. With the Strands of Power supplement, you can create power packages: which can almost directly translate into OCC;PCC;RCC :)

Darkeus

...is still laughing
Validated User

Good Question.

I have actually thought of using Framework, the system that is used in Cthulhutech. It seems like it would fit pretty well without having to do too many conversions. I think it would be easy to mix fast casting spells with ritual spells (Since Cthlhutechs magic is more ritual based.)

And it has a scaling system that would work. One day I sat down and tried to start condensing the skill set from Rifts to Cthlhutech equivalents. I never did finish that.

Wrathchild

Retired User
Rifts just screams and begs to have GURPS applied to it. It's one of the things I'll do before I die if no one else does it first.

Oh! Someone has! Yummy!

Last edited:

Marius B

Euro-Trash
Validated User
Well, you eliminated my first choice which would be the one in the book but with minor houseruling and major just playing fast and loose with it.

Probably BRP. MD structures and creatures would just have shittons of AP. a BRP Rifts should be pretty simple to do.

Silverlion

Banned
Cartoon Action Hour Season 2; at least until I see what Season 3 will bring to the table. It has vehicle rules, rules for companions/pets, and all sorts of things that work for the world of Rifts (As done in a cartoon..)

DonnerBlitz

Grog 'n Nards
Someone I knew used M&M1e successfully. I'm sure any of the editions would work well.

Synnibar! Or is that cheating? :p

Top Bottom