[Spoilers] Arrow - Season 7 - Episode 17 -"Inheritance"

Dave999

Validated User
The sheet of paper she burned says that Merlyn was the client, so she's the one who planted the bombs for him.
Weirdly, the entire plotline highlights a bunch of things.

* Papa Queen was a piece of crap
* Papa Queen completely misread Moira because she knew about his cheating and is much-much smarter than him by all accounts
* Moira probably would have happily had Dad pay Emiko off. She wasn't exactly Catelyn Stark but gave a 1 million to get rid of Oliver's "bastard."
* Dad was already at that time involved in terrorism.

Nessalantha

Validated User
Robert Queen was involved in terrorism, but his story was that he regretted it before his ill-fated trip, which is why he wrote the list Oliver used originally to take down those who participated in the Undertaking.

Before they announced the show was ending, I was thoroughly unhappy at Emiko's apparently villainous turn... but now that I know she is unlikely to be the Green Arrow mentioned in the Crisis future newspaper, I am loving that she's the leader of the Ninth Circle, and apparently the one who sabotaged the Queen's Gambit. It makes the whole thing an even greater 'Nice Job Fixing It, Villain' moment, since it was the direct cause creating the Green Arrow and Black/White Canary, which led to the explosion of vigilantes in Star City.

Capeträger

Validated User
Robert Queen was involved in terrorism, but his story was that he regretted it before his ill-fated trip, which is why he wrote the list Oliver used originally to take down those who participated in the Undertaking.
Wasn't it a list of people that he, Moira and Malcolm blackmailed to finance the Undertaking?

I also somewhat remember that it was Moira who ordered the sabotage on the Queen's Gambit, not kknowing that Oliver would be on board, but I could be wrong about that.

Nessalantha

Validated User
Wasn't it a list of people that he, Moira and Malcolm blackmailed to finance the Undertaking?
It might have started as a blackmail ploy, but in regard to the Undertaking, the list became more of an instrument of justice. I believe he thought the Undertaking was a step too far when Merlyn proposed it, and Moira wasn't super-happy about it either. Which is why Merlyn was in on the plan to kill Robert Queen.

HNutz

Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men!
Validated User
It brings up a very interesting item.

Spoiler: Show
All three main Arrowverse solo series have had a major villain switch this year.
Also...

Spoiler: Show
Both Flash and Arrow have shown us glimpses of the future.

And both Flash and Arrow have a " woman behind the man" thing going, in regards to the "Big Bad".

Coincidence?

Dave999

Validated User
Two, I think. The League of Assassins and the Ninth Circle. The Hive was younger. Not sure about the Bratva, but that one isn't very secret.
HIVE is an offshoot of the League of Assassins so I'm not sure that counts.

They also fought Vandal Savage who had his own cult.

Capeträger

Validated User
HIVE is an offshoot of the League of Assassins so I'm not sure that counts.

They also fought Vandal Savage who had his own cult.
Did they meet his cult, though? I have to admit that I don't remember that event very well. So I'm still at two.

Top Bottom