• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers] Avengers: Endgame Little Details You Loved

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
I still think they did Giant-man really well here, and I hope that we get another movie with the Ant-family.
I was disappointed they didn't have Ant-Man & The Wasp & Stature on the schedule for Phase 4, but I guess Phase 5 will start in 2022, so that's not too far off if they want to do another one.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
The scene occurs in the middle of when Scott is supposed to be hot wiring the van and getting the quantum portal generator working. The last we see of Scott before this is he and Hope getting to the van and him announcing that it's fried and he'll need 10 minutes to hot wire it. And the time after we see him after this is him opening up the back of the van and turning on the portal. I suppose it's possible he takes a break to deal with the Leviathan, but it's probably just an error.
Yeah, the editors missed the mark, there. Ant-Man and the Wasp are in the van trying to fix up the quantum gate, and then there's a cut back to the action and Ant-Man is in the back, tres big, punching folks. Of course the Watsonian explanation could be that it's Bill Foster. ;)

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, the editors missed the mark, there. Ant-Man and the Wasp are in the van trying to fix up the quantum gate, and then there's a cut back to the action and Ant-Man is in the back, tres big, punching folks. Of course the Watsonian explanation could be that it's Bill Foster. ;)
Everyone else is there, why not him?

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
I was disappointed they didn't have Ant-Man & The Wasp & Stature on the schedule for Phase 4, but I guess Phase 5 will start in 2022, so that's not too far off if they want to do another one.
I read something recently that the actress that played Cassie was 15 years old at the time of filming. Could just just be waiting for her to be an adult? We haven't had kids*/** involved in the action so far. I know there are also laws about filming with kids, time allowed on set, but I don't know how that applies to teens.

*actual kids. Peter Parker might be a teen but Tom Holland was born in '96.

**throwing snowballs doesn't count as action.

I don't think Hank Pym would lend Bill a suit. Could be Hank taking one last ride (yeah, I remember that Hank said he'd taken too much radiation or whatever and couldn't wear the suit any more).

Last edited:

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
I don't Hank Pym would lend Bill a suit. Could be Hank taking one last ride (yeah, I remember that Hank said he'd taken too much radiation or whatever and couldn't wear the suit any more).
... To clarify, I think the answer to "who is that" is "it's Ant-Man and the editors made a mistake." Don't take Watsonian thinking too far or you end up down a really nasty rabbit hole.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
... To clarify, I think the answer to "who is that" is "it's Ant-Man and the editors made a mistake." Don't take Watsonian thinking too far or you end up down a really nasty rabbit hole.
I don't. But I'm a bored geek and barreling down rabbit holes is what gets me through the day.

s/LaSH

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't. But I'm a bored geek and barreling down rabbit holes is what gets me through the day.
Rabbit hole harder! Ant-Man had access to time travel, both in its refined Banner-Stark model, and in his own ad-hoc quantum navigation mode. The only thing stopping him from being multiple places during the final battle is the shortage of Pym particles, but they have a fresh supply from the 70s and he's in the van with a quantum gate and a fully equipped expert on those systems.

Yes, they have time travel now, and everything is practically required to get weird.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
Yes, they have time travel now, and everything is practically required to get weird.
They had time travel. The machines got a 'splodied.

You do bring up an interesting point. They had a limited supply for going back in time...so where did Scott get the extra particles for the big finalé? I know Cap grabbed, four: one each for him and Tony to get back, plus an extra two to return the stones and then return back himself, but he'd need yet more because he has to make several jumps while in the past...

Meh. I'm pretty sure the answer is: because Pym Particles.

Jerry Rigg

Validated User
They had time travel. The machines got a 'splodied.

You do bring up an interesting point. They had a limited supply for going back in time...so where did Scott get the extra particles for the big finalé? I know Cap grabbed, four: one each for him and Tony to get back, plus an extra two to return the stones and then return back himself, but he'd need yet more because he has to make several jumps while in the past...

Meh. I'm pretty sure the answer is: because Pym Particles.
Maybe it takes a lot to shrink to the quantum realm, not so much to just get small or big.

Top Bottom