• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers] Avengers: Endgame Little Details You Loved

Sundancer

Validated User
You do bring up an interesting point. They had a limited supply for going back in time...so where did Scott get the extra particles for the big finalé? I know Cap grabbed, four: one each for him and Tony to get back, plus an extra two to return the stones and then return back himself, but he'd need yet more because he has to make several jumps while in the past...

Meh. I'm pretty sure the answer is: because Pym Particles.
They probably asked Pym to make more after everyone got unsnapped.
Or maybe Hope had some spares in her suit.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
They had time travel. The machines got a 'splodied.

You do bring up an interesting point. They had a limited supply for going back in time...so where did Scott get the extra particles for the big finalé? I know Cap grabbed, four: one each for him and Tony to get back, plus an extra two to return the stones and then return back himself, but he'd need yet more because he has to make several jumps while in the past...

Meh. I'm pretty sure the answer is: because Pym Particles.
I mean, we don't know how long the process is to make more, nor do we know how long between the Big Finale and Cap going back was. I assume that there was at least enough time for Hank to reappear in his lab wherever it was hidden (somewhere in the SF Bay Area, maybe in the same storage unit the van was left in), grab the stored particles, and get someone to take the replacements back to Tony's House or the remnants of Avengers Compound, wherever it was. One piece of evidence that there was a gap of at least a few days was that Cap was fully briefed on everyone's mission, where things had to go, and how the navigation thing worked, the science types had been able to rebuild the time platform, and stuff like that.

I also think Scott had plenty of Pym Particles--but the blues, not the reds, which is why he spent so much of the fights embiggened. A Pym-level genius...so Janet, Banner or Tony, mostly...might be able to figure out how to convert blue to red or vice-versa, but that's a potential source if one were needed.

As far as the randomly-appearing Giant Man, the easiest Watsonian explanation is that in the middle of dealing with the quantum gate, he noticed a Leviathan coming too close and hugeified himself to deal with it, then went back to work. Like, had the camera followed him, we should logically see him shrink back down as Hope sarcastically says something like, "There are other people who can handle that, you know. We've got to focus." But obviously it's just an editing error.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
But obviously it's just an editing error.
And there's nothing wrong with just leaving it at that. It's an editing/continuity error. And that's fine! The people behind the movies aren't perfect. They mess up. It happens.
Not only that but it's in the background. I missed it the first time I saw the movie but then missed it on my 2nd & 4th viewings. I think this was my 5th viewing (the last three were at home on digital) when I finally clued into it.

Whoever was editing easily could have been focusing on what was in the background or it could have been added in afterwards since it's CGI without anyone realizing where the scene was.

Croquemitaine

Validated User
As far as the randomly-appearing Giant Man, the easiest Watsonian explanation is that in the middle of dealing with the quantum gate, he noticed a Leviathan coming too close and hugeified himself to deal with it, then went back to work. Like, had the camera followed him, we should logically see him shrink back down as Hope sarcastically says something like, "There are other people who can handle that, you know. We've got to focus." But obviously it's just an editing error.
Your No-Prize is in the mail.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
Not only that but it's in the background. I missed it the first time I saw the movie but then missed it on my 2nd & 4th viewings. I think this was my 5th viewing (the last three were at home on digital) when I finally clued into it.

Whoever was editing easily could have been focusing on what was in the background or it could have been added in afterwards since it's CGI without anyone realizing where the scene was.
Honestly, it sounds like the Russos were still tweaking parts of the film until Marvel tore it from their grasping little fingers. Which makes sense; it's the culmination of years of their work and passion, they probably weren't ready to be done yet. So that's a scene that could have been moved from earlier or later, or the Ant-Man scenes were moved around, while they were trying to figure out the flow of the final battle. CGI could have been fully rendered by the point they were fiddling with those scenes, too--I know they were editing until a week or two before the premiere, because they said so.

And so it makes sense as an oops. But we wouldn't be fandom if we weren't willing to (temporarily, in good humor) obsess over even the smallest details now and then.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
As far as the randomly-appearing Giant Man, the easiest Watsonian explanation is that in the middle of dealing with the quantum gate, he noticed a Leviathan coming too close and hugeified himself to deal with it, then went back to work.
I mentioned that possibility when I first brought it up. ;) We can come up with a few ideas like maybe he needs some bit of metal or perhaps the Leviathan swollowed the keys to the van and he had to go get them back.

I do want to see a scene that's a mirror of the first one with Luis. Like he talks about he lost five years, and the van got destroyed, but it saved the universe though, man!

Bonus points if its part of a Luis recap of the Infinity Saga. I just need like 10 minutes of Luis going from "I am Iron Man" to "and I...am...Iron Man."

(un)reason

Making the Legend
Validated User
Honestly, it sounds like the Russos were still tweaking parts of the film until Marvel tore it from their grasping little fingers. Which makes sense; it's the culmination of years of their work and passion, they probably weren't ready to be done yet. So that's a scene that could have been moved from earlier or later, or the Ant-Man scenes were moved around, while they were trying to figure out the flow of the final battle. CGI could have been fully rendered by the point they were fiddling with those scenes, too--I know they were editing until a week or two before the premiere, because they said so.

And so it makes sense as an oops. But we wouldn't be fandom if we weren't willing to (temporarily, in good humor) obsess over even the smallest details now and then.
They did say that the final battle was originally filmed as it's own full three act structure, so it took a fair bit of cutting to get to it's final state. If they ever did an extended edition, it would be the length of a short movie in itself. (75-90 mins)

In fact, both Infinity War and Endgame make most sense when thought of as three movies stuffed into the length of two, it's just that IW has them happening simultaneously, (the Titan, Earth & Space plotlines) while EG has them happening consecutively. (Fallout of the Snap, Time Heist and Giant Battle)

Last edited:

PatP

World w = new World();
Validated User
Picked up the DVD last night and said, "Hey, I'll just watch the first half-hour..."

Yeah, I ended up watching the whole darn thing.

Here's something I'd missed before -- and I'm sorry if I'm repeating something someone else mentioned.

When Cap finishes his group support meeting and goes to Avengers HQ, Natasha is there talking to that odd last team of Avengers. Natasha is sitting behind a table, with one foot on the table. She's in some kind of form-fitting outfit, but hey when isn't the Black Widow dressed like that?

On a chair at the end of the table is a pair of ballet slippers. Apparently, Nat had been practicing before the meeting. Or perhaps she planned on practicing after the meeting.

And, also, the range of facial expressions on Tony's face when he sees Peter for the first time since Peter was dusted. I'll have to check on this again, but I don't think Tony actually says anything to Peter. There just wasn't time.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Picked up the DVD last night and said, "Hey, I'll just watch the first half-hour..."

Yeah, I ended up watching the whole darn thing.

Here's something I'd missed before -- and I'm sorry if I'm repeating something someone else mentioned.

When Cap finishes his group support meeting and goes to Avengers HQ, Natasha is there talking to that odd last team of Avengers. Natasha is sitting behind a table, with one foot on the table. She's in some kind of form-fitting outfit, but hey when isn't the Black Widow dressed like that?

On a chair at the end of the table is a pair of ballet slippers. Apparently, Nat had been practicing before the meeting. Or perhaps she planned on practicing after the meeting.

And, also, the range of facial expressions on Tony's face when he sees Peter for the first time since Peter was dusted. I'll have to check on this again, but I don't think Tony actually says anything to Peter. There just wasn't time.

Oh nice with the ballet! I don't think anyone's noticed that.

Top Bottom