• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers] Avengers: Endgame Little Details You Loved

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
Picked up the DVD last night and said, "Hey, I'll just watch the first half-hour..."

Yeah, I ended up watching the whole darn thing.

Here's something I'd missed before -- and I'm sorry if I'm repeating something someone else mentioned.

When Cap finishes his group support meeting and goes to Avengers HQ, Natasha is there talking to that odd last team of Avengers. Natasha is sitting behind a table, with one foot on the table. She's in some kind of form-fitting outfit, but hey when isn't the Black Widow dressed like that?

On a chair at the end of the table is a pair of ballet slippers. Apparently, Nat had been practicing before the meeting. Or perhaps she planned on practicing after the meeting.

And, also, the range of facial expressions on Tony's face when he sees Peter for the first time since Peter was dusted. I'll have to check on this again, but I don't think Tony actually says anything to Peter. There just wasn't time.
From the trailers, we know there was plenty of individual stuff filmed with the surviving Avengers that never made it on-screen. I'd bet that, kinda as with most of the Steve Rogers-back-from-the-ice that got cut out of the first Avengers, there were several long minutes of Natasha's daily routine, from training with weapons to dancing, that was cut.

Xopher

Social Justice Jedi
Validated User
Yeah, this. Two thin strips of cloth that cover one’s nipples and privates is not a costume, and is especially inappropriate for an all-ages book.
Based on those images, it's clear that one of Moondragon's powers is mentally keeping her g-string in place during combat so she doesn't flash her genitalia.

Antendren

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I still think they did Giant-man really well here, and I hope that we get another movie with the Ant-family.
This made me realize: for her sake, I really hope Ava Starr (Ghost) was among the snapped, since she's dependent on Janet and Hank for treatment.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
This made me realize: for her sake, I really hope Ava Starr (Ghost) was among the snapped, since she's dependent on Janet and Hank for treatment.
Treatments hadn't really even gotten started, though, had they? Seemed to me like the van-sized quantum tunnel experiment had to have happened pretty soon after the end of AM&W. Ava probably was still only being stabilized by Janet's powers and nothing else. Although we didn't see her during the final battle, either, unless she's another Easter Egg, so who really knows where she was.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Treatments hadn't really even gotten started, though, had they? Seemed to me like the van-sized quantum tunnel experiment had to have happened pretty soon after the end of AM&W. Ava probably was still only being stabilized by Janet's powers and nothing else. Although we didn't see her during the final battle, either, unless she's another Easter Egg, so who really knows where she was.
Well they didn't call any of the other villains either. Unless you meant seeing Janet in the final fight. I wouldn't expect to see him, for the same reason that we didn't see Hank.

Although if you say the big guy is Hank, then Janet could be micro-sized and fighting in any scene.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
Well they didn't call any of the other villains either. Unless you meant seeing Janet in the final fight. I wouldn't expect to see him, for the same reason that we didn't see Hank.

Although if you say the big guy is Hank, then Janet could be micro-sized and fighting in any scene.
Eh, I guess you could argue whether Ava was a villain or just a desperate woman, but either way... and no, I mean Ava in the final fight. She might be into espionage and stuff, but I'd imagine she'd have feelings about the Snap, and they'd already decided not to punish her but to help her.

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think that we can assume that she was snapped, because Scott mentioned getting the particles for her, but not what happened to her. (And she would have come looking for him, if she hadn't gotten snapped, because she almost certainly would have known that they were going to harvest particles to stabilize her.) Post blip, she could easily have been too ill/unstable to risk putting into the field.

Dropkicker

Part Time Dilettante
Validated User
Yeah, I felt the same. I mean, telling everyone to assemble when they're already there doesn't make a lot of sense, y'know? But like you said, everything else was so awesome that I didn't really care.
Historically in the comics "Avengers Assemble!" is less about bringing the team together and more about going into battle. (Despite the actual words used). Cap is basically saying "We're coming at you and we're going to win". (Of course they are, they're the heroes!) Josh Brolin's moment of hesitation utterly sells the scene as well. It's my favorite scene in the whole movie. =)

Top Bottom