[Spoilers] [General Anime Spring 2019] I Like Shorts! They're Comfy and Easy to Watch!

Fae

with true devotion
Validated User

🌸 Welcome to the Spring 2019 General Anime Thread! 🌸

🌸 These seasonal threads tend to focus on currently airing anime, but you're welcome to post about anything anime or anime-adjacent, old or new. However, in the rare cases where discussion of a particular show becomes too overwhelming or too much of a hot-button topic, it may be preferred to move that discussion to a show-specific thread. We also have a thread specifically for non-current anime.

🌸 Please note that we do not have much of a spoiler policy here - avoid spoiling major things you may know about upcoming episodes if you are familiar with the source material for an adaptation, but otherwise, most anything goes. Try to be considerate, but also expect unmarked spoilers for anything that's aired. If you would prefer a more restrictive policy, you can find one in the thread for non-current anime.

🌸 Using a commonly recognized name for the show you're talking about is helpful - it's not required, but in the past we've had issues with overly-clever names leading to confusion among threadgoers who aren't familiar with any given show.

Useful links:
  • LiveChart lists all the anime for each season, with links to where each can be streamed, along with trailers and official websites and more.
  • because.moe offers easy lookup of where you can stream any anime in various regions.
  • Sakuga Blog delves into the craft of anime and highlights the creators working behind the scenes.

Related threads:

All previous threads:
Spoiler: Show

1. 10-20-2012: General Anime thread (Quasar, 999 replies)
  2. 02-13-2013: It's not like I made this General Anime Thread for you, alright?.. Baka. (ru, 1,000 replies)
  3. 03-30-2013: My RPG.net Anime Thread Can't Be This General! (Ikselam, 998 replies)
  4. 05-14-2013: RPG.net's Bizarre Anime Thread: what a beautiful duwang (the_redstar_swl, 1,002 replies)
  5. 07-04-2013: RPGnet Masculine Beauty & General Anime Thread (Rand Brittain, 1,000 replies)
  6. 07-29-2013: RPG.net Swim Club and General Anime Thread (Dawgstar, 1,001 replies)
  7. 08-30-2013: Attack on RPG.net General Anime Thread: The CROWDS are Calling My Name (Dawgstar, 1,003 replies)
  8. 10-03-2013: General Anime Thread La General Anime Thread (Dawgstar, 1,002 replies)
  9. 11-01-2013: General Anime Thread: General Anime Thread is... (Ikselam, 998 replies)
  10. 12-17-2013: Is General Anime Thread the Cake? (Ikselam, 998 replies)
  11. 01-24-2014: [General Anime Thread] Living in the Database Wow Wow (Ikselam, 995 replies)
  12. 02-17-2014: [General Anime Thread] Make a Contract With Me and Become a General Anime Thread (Ikselam, 1,006 replies)
  13. 03-11-2014: [General Anime Thread]-kun: Master of Wasting Time (Alice Sara, 999 replies)
  14. 03-30-2014: [General Anime Thread] Less Ricky Schroder, More Silver Spoon (Dawgstar, 992 replies)
  15. 04-20-2014: [General Anime] We've Entered an Endless Recursion of General Anime Thread (Ikselam, 1,001 replies)
  16. 05-21-2014: [General Anime Thread] Still Anime is General (Bull, 988 replies)
  17. 07-01-2014: [General Anime][2014 Summer] My RPG.net General Anime Thread SNAFU (Ikselam, 2,192 replies)
  18. 09-26-2014: [General Anime][Fall 2014]A Certain Literary General Anime Thread (Bull, 2,734 replies)
  19. 01-02-2015: [General Anime][Winter 2015] Elect General Anime for Student Council President! (Bull, 2,526 replies)
  20. 04-02-2015: [General Anime][Spring 2015] General Anime has been rejected by the author. "Funny Story..." (Bull, 2,264 replies)
  21. 07-02-2015: [General Anime][Summer 2015] General Anime's Muscle Appreciation Thread (Bull, 2,755 replies)
  22. 10-01-2015: [General Anime]: Thus, rpg.net fought there (Bull, 2,284 replies)
  23. 01-02-2016: [General Anime][Winter 2016]: General Anime Thread is not Available in Your Region (Quasar, 2,239 replies)
  24. 04-01-2016: [General Anime][Spring 2016]General Anime Is Not Crash (Bull, 1,836 replies)
  25. 07-01-2016: [General Anime][Summer 2016] Too Big To Be Called A Thread (Bull, 1,850 replies)
  26. 10-01-2016: [General Anime][Fall 2016]It's not like I made this anime sequel for you or anything (Bull, 2251 replies)
  27. 01-04-2017: [General Anime][Winter 2017] Have you accepted Aqua as your personal saviour? (If so, WHY?) (Bull, 2458 replies)
  28. 04-01-2017: [General Anime][Spring 2017] Attack on General Anime!How to Raise a Boring General Anime (Bull, 2813 replies)
  29. 07-01-2017: [General Anime][Summer 2017] has been Reincarnated as a Magical Girl Pop Idol in an Isekai! (Bull, 2460 replies)
  30. 10-01-2017: [Spoilers] [Fall 2017] General Anime's Dystopian Road Trip! (Bull, 2045 replies)
  31. 01-02-2018: [General Anime Winter 2018] Cute Girls Doing Cute Things (In Antarctica!) (Bull, 3398 replies)
  32. 03-31-2018: [General Anime Spring 2018] This Season Lineup Can't Be This Fake! (Bull, 2325 replies)
  33. 07-01-2018: [General Anime Summer 2018] Hurray, Hurray, General Anime Thread! (Fae, 1367 replies)
  34. 09-30-2018: [General Anime Fall 2018] General Anime goes fishing for bananas, in space! (Fae, 1424 replies)
  35. 01-01-2019: [General Anime Winter 2019] Penguins Are Never a Coincidence (Fae, 1355+ replies)

watch short anime

Last edited:

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hmmm. Looking over the chart, it looks like this season will be a good one for me to catch up on my backlog. Hopefully something on the list will prove to be a surprise.

Blackfang108

The Lord Wolf
Validated User
As always, I'm a slave to what's available on Crunchyroll, because honestly, I have too freaking much there anyway.

I've got a very short list (like, 4 series, not counting what's still ongoing) at home of Anime I'm hoping make it there, and I plan to fill the rest of my time with KH 3 and my impressive Crunchyroll backlog.

Edit: and I think half the series that interest me are shorts, anyway.

Looking at the live list, Gunjou no Magmel and Fairy Gone both intrigue me, and Kimetsu no Yaiba seems right up my alley.

My wife is happy that AoT is back, because we both really like that one.

However, if CR starts getting more English Dubs, that'll open up my list, because I can then throw it on while playing KH3.

Last edited:

Ultimate Chicken

Social Justice Chicken
Validated User
Ah, Senko-San. Something I intro'd in the manga thread, and its along the lines of Kobayashis Dragon Maid. It's 100% fluff and diabeetus. Author wanted it that way.

Of course, I'll be capping Magi's Grandson and One Punch Man too. Guilty pleasure stuff.

R-90-2

Can it be SNEK TIEM?
Validated User
Well, I'm going to try to watch something, anything new this season, and I have a few ideas. I mean, if it doesn't work out, Voltes V is right over there, so it's not like it's murder if it doesn't go.

Senko-San is one of them, and Joshi Kausei gets an episode just based on the premise.

Blackfang108

The Lord Wolf
Validated User
Right, Joshi Kausei is definitely getting an episode or two, and I'm forcing my wife to watch the first one, because she always complains she doesn't watch enough anime, and then never actually watches any.

CaButler

Validated User
Alright, let's see what we got on the list.

Carryovers include The Rising of the Shield Hero and... well, that's about it. I never saw the first season of One Punch Man, but I've heard good things about it.

Fruits Basket is very much going on the schedule. I'm happy to see that, in the dub at least, they were able to get almost the entire cast back to reprise their roles. I think Laura Bailey did a wonderful job with Torhu and I hope she keeps it up for the new series.

Others I'm interested in include Kenja no Mago, which is better known as The Magi's Grandson. Yes, it is isekai, but it does intend to avoid the trappings of your typical isekai story.

Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai, aka, We Can't Study, is also going on the watch list. I enjoy the source material so I'm interested to see what they do here with it's adaption.

And... Midara na Ao-Chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai? The translated title for this is Ao-Chan Can't Study, which I only discovered about a month or two back but it hasn't received many updates. I'm a bit surprised it's getting an anime adaption, but I'm very curious to see the adaption, and maybe see some chapters I haven't been able to read yet.

So those will be my main shows for the next season.

yukamichi

Unregistered User
Validated User
VALIDATION!

Honestly this season looks pretty iffy to me. Besides all the shorts of course. Fruits Basket is a must-watch, as is Hitori Bocchi, and Senko-san looks like it's going to be great. But then there are a lot of shows whose trailers didn't really inspire me and/or seemed tailor-made to collapse under "directionless original anime designed by committee" syndrome.

Also, Ultraman just dropped on Netflix today apparently, but I'm kind of apprehensive about checking it out... Hopefully someone else watches it and gives me an idea if it's worth spending my time on.

Rainfall

Validated User
Nothing catches my attention as of yet, but that's bound to change. Sora Yori or Inamatsuri weren<t on my radar eighter before becoming some of my all time favourites.

The occult police show looks like it has potential, Fairy Gone looks pretty, Carole and Tuesday could be amazing OR entirely forgettable.

Count_Zero

Game Master
Validated User
I'm definitely going to be watching Furuba and continuing with Dororo. I'm a little bummed that we can't get the original theme song composer for Fruits Basket back, but them is sadly the breaks. I've been reading the Ultraman manga, so I'll probably be checking that out as well.

Top Bottom