[Spoilers] [General Anime Spring 2019] I Like Shorts! They're Comfy and Easy to Watch!

Tiran

Validated User
where did you drop Re:Zero? because it gets really good in it's second half
After episode 5. I'd originally intended to watch it later but since it had been over a year I figured i'm probably not getting back around to it. I may give it another go at some point if I'm in the mood for yet another fantasy isekai series, but at the moment we're kind of flooded with those.

Davies

Validated User
...what happens if there are fewer than twelve (or thirteen, or however many) living Somas?
I don't think this ever gets addressed in the manga, but even though it's not that sort of story -- it's possible that none of them can die unless there's someone who could inherit the curse. And by this I mean the 'consciousness clinging to a single scrap of flesh"-type immortality, not one of the better kinds.

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User
I don't think this ever gets addressed in the manga, but even though it's not that sort of story -- it's possible that none of them can die unless there's someone who could inherit the curse. And by this I mean the 'consciousness clinging to a single scrap of flesh"-type immortality, not one of the better kinds.
I'm inclined to think that it's one of those things where destiny simply won't permit any chain of events which would lead to the question ever coming up, let alone being answered.

Davies

Validated User
I'm inclined to think that it's one of those things where destiny simply won't permit any chain of events which would lead to the question ever coming up, let alone being answered.
Also a plausible thesis.

MABfan11

Validated User
Midnight Occult Civil Servants episode 3:

i highly recommend you to check out this show, especially now with the latest revelation

Spoiler: Show
Coyote, who set up the trap for our protagonists was revealed to be Huehuecoyotl, the Aztec god of mischief

time to play some appropriate music:

After episode 5. I'd originally intended to watch it later but since it had been over a year I figured i'm probably not getting back around to it. I may give it another go at some point if I'm in the mood for yet another fantasy isekai series, but at the moment we're kind of flooded with those.
Re:Zero is quite different from most isekai, which will be made very clear during the third arc. btw, you did watch the post-credit scene of episode 5, right?

Last edited:

Tiran

Validated User
Re:Zero is quite different from most isekai, which will be made very clear during the third arc. btw, you did watch the post-credit scene of episode 5, right?
Well yeah, thats kind of obvious from the start, most isekai MCs are just dramatically overpowered, not able to
save and reset when they die.

I forget the details but iirc Subaru
dies horribly.

Last edited:

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
Man, this is weird. I'm pretty sure I used to know a fair bit about Fruits Basket just from internet osmosis, I've forgotten most of it over time, and now I'm trying not to remember. o_O

...the Cat sign should hang out with Ophiuchus.

Fae

with true devotion
Validated User
Occult Civil Servants #03 - yeah, this is getting real interesting. Coyote wouldn''t have it any other way! He and Arata are already a pretty great duo. And now with the missing girls we have a much heavier plot thread to follow than the intro's knockoff Romeo and Juliet.

Cinderella Nine #03 - three episodes in and we almost have a full team already. Not bad! So far it's quite adeptly balancing the large number of characters needed. Still feels pretty generic otherwise, but that might just be because I don't care about baseball.

Top Bottom