[Spoilers] [General Anime Spring 2019] I Like Shorts! They're Comfy and Easy to Watch!

dshaffer

Pervy Catgirl Fancier
Validated User
Catching up on some anime I've fallen behind on. Star Twinkle Precure 15: So, our tsundere idol/thief is going to be a mid season precure right?
Well if you really want to know the answer to that, someone hacked a toy and got the name and design of the next Cure already. It's possible this was a false leak, and they're pulling a Suite on us, but you can already see art start to circulate.

Blocked for spoilers:
Spoiler: Show

Meet Cure Cosmos. It should be FAIRLY obvious who she is, nya. :D

neOmega

Validated User
Micro-rant brought to a head by Rise of the Shield Hero:

When preparing to block an incoming blast/spell/missile, why do shield-wielders always try to take the full force head on? Has no-one figured out angling the shield might be able to deflect some of the force? Or at least spread the energy over a wider area.
I suspect there are similar reasons behind this as the numerous cases of blade-to-blade sword press, energy beams colliding head on, and even two barefisted fighters punching each other smashing their knuckles together. There's the supposed visual coolness aspect, but also the opportunity to represent the clash of two opposing forces as symbolic to a conflict of wills/determination. Deflecting attacks aside by angling your shield would merely show that you're skilled. Stopping them head on OTOH suggests that you possess the power of never giving up.

Law Orc

Concerned Citizen
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I suspect there are similar reasons behind this as the numerous cases of blade-to-blade sword press, energy beams colliding head on, and even two barefisted fighters punching each other smashing their knuckles together. There's the supposed visual coolness aspect, but also the opportunity to represent the clash of two opposing forces as symbolic to a conflict of wills/determination. Deflecting attacks aside by angling your shield would merely show that you're skilled. Stopping them head on OTOH suggests that you possess the power of never giving up.
There's also a certain copy-of-a-copy-of-a-copy aspect to it.

People show, for instance, two magic beams colliding and pushing each other because they have seen it a million times before and are just reproducing it, not only because it is a particularly moving image.

yalborap

Well, that’s just Prime.
Validated User
I watched the Saga of Tanya the Evil movie last night. If you liked the series, the movie is that and more, so I recommend it. If the series wasn't for you, then the movie won't change your mind.

I quite liked it.

Also, when it's available to screenshot, there are so many good Tanya faces and ridiculous lines waiting to be used.

MABfan11

Validated User
i highly recommend you check out these videos:

youtuber Kyle Robes rewrites the last arc of Darling in the Franxx so that it is more thematically consistent with the rest of the series

sarellion

Validated User
Hitoribocchi 7
Two girls tormenting themselves and each other over a stupid promise, as there´s always at least one person who doesn´t like you in a classroom. I half expected Aru or Nako to talk some sense into Kai-chan.

sarellion

Validated User
Kimetsu no Yaiba 7
Ok, I was surprised that the series was set in the early 20th century. So no one is wondering that the girl that travels with you is gagged?

Top Bottom