• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers] [General Anime Summer 2019] Create a General Anime Thread, with the light God could not know

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
It's more like our MC's game character is from an MMO that looks like its either Shadowrun or Digital Devil Saga. That's why he doesn't even sound like he fits in, as if the chain-smokin' Yakuza outfit he runs with isn't already indication enough. Hell, the new world is so unfamiliar with his stuff that his pack of cigs even got a charsheet. :3
In MMO's though, especially Eastern ones, it's not uncommon for players to be running around in completely anachronistic outfits. Anywhere from swimsuits to bear costumes. Custom outfits are a real money maker for some of them.

Icarium

Validated User
*looks at FFXIV, which just got a giant frog costume* I have NO CLUE WHAT YOU MEAN. *goes to put on his butler outfit* :)

Esckey

Validated User
I was expecting to hate Demon Lord Retry, op mc, the opening of the anime has about 3 guys and almost a dozen women(harem alarm) plus off brand Rem, and that just odd ball spanking almost three me off. But it’s kind of nice to have a OP MC that just does not give one fuck about almost anything other then trying to keep a semi subtle profile. He has a few other exceptions (being attacked for no reason) still gives the golden child her money back, pays for the disturbance caused in the restaurant(which makes me think it’s not as fantasy esk as it seems)

Fae

sing of hope to the new dawn
Validated User
Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ #01 - I didn't have high expectations, but this actually seems decent? Hasn't done anything to make itself stand out, though. I really liked the insert song early on; more metal than I was expecting from an idol show. Also, I'm pretty sure that the girl running the club is mainly there to sit back and drink tea and watch girls dance.

Dr. Stone #01 - very shouty.

Aikatsu Friends #64 - I had my doubts about Honey Cat actually going to space this episode, despite what the preview showed, and sure enough, it was just a commercial they were filming. But: they announced that their next goal is to go to space for real! 🌠

(the next episode previews in this show are art)

Next time: Alicia and Hibiki go on a date???

Astra Lost in Space #02 - straight to the next planet. I figured. I'd hoped to see more of their ship, stuff like them exploring the place and seeing what facilities are onboard and even mundane details like deciding on cabin assignments - ah, well. (Basically, I keep wanting this to be more like Bodacious Space Pirates, and it really isn't.)

They even magicked up a doohickey to tell them what is and isn't edible - part of that smart guy's role is bypassing any complex technical problems, since the show doesn't want to deal with them. And, you know, I can respect that. It's good for a show to know what it's about and to focus on it. It's just that what it's about feels kinda plain to me. (do we really need so much of the characters standing around talking about how awesome the male lead is...)

Having an unknown traitor among their ranks is certainly an interesting wrinkle, though. There's some intriguing mystery here. :)

Gear Gadget Generators #22 - this is too good, 10 minutes feels like no time at all.

Machikado Mazoku aka The Demon Girl Next Door #01 - finally, more Kirara! And excellent Kirara, at that! 💖 There's so much snappy banter.

I knew a bit of the premise, but I was expecting the demon girl to be a new arrival in town, not a previously-ordinary (or so she thought) girl who inherited demon powers. (Well, "powers" might be stretching it.) And I certainly didn't expect that the whole thing would be public knowledge and everyone would just roll with it. A friend shows up at school one day with horns and a tail? That's cool, it's pretty stylish. She says she's supposed to murder a magical girl and offer her blood to an evil statue? It's nice to have a goal in life. There's a magical girl in the next class over, by the way, would you like me to introduce you?

Not much overt yuri yet, but having a couple characters in the background chatting about yuri manga/anime sets up certain expectations.

that timer - it takes precisely 0.01 seconds realtime to transform!

There are so many great little details, like the little sister returning home with a book about weapons she borrowed from the library...

And, of course, it's super cute. I love this so much. 💖

Davies

Validated User
Machikado Mazoku aka The Demon Girl Next Door #01 - finally, more Kirara! And excellent Kirara, at that! 💖 There's so much snappy banter.
I really hope Yuko gives the narrator a piece of her mind at some point. He's not helping at all with those little "Get stronger Yuko!" messages.

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I am surprised to hear it. Not because I think Crunchyroll has good security (like everything else with CR, they are too cheap to spend on proper security), but because someone bothered to hack the account. It's eight bucks, sheesh.
What's even more bewildering is that the time my Crunchyroll account got hacked, the person used it to... watch the first two episodes of One Piece. Like, they had control of it for weeks, and that's all they did. They even changed the subtitle language and stuff, so it seems like they were actually watching it.

MABfan11

Validated User
What's even more bewildering is that the time my Crunchyroll account got hacked, the person used it to... watch the first two episodes of One Piece. Like, they had control of it for weeks, and that's all they did. They even changed the subtitle language and stuff, so it seems like they were actually watching it.
whoever hacked it probably planned to watch One Piece, then saw the amount episodes to catch up to and decided "fuck that"

Blackfang108

The Lord Wolf
Validated User
whoever hacked it probably planned to watch One Piece, then saw the amount episodes to catch up to and decided "fuck that"
I can sympathize.

Years ago, at a convention, the first issues of a bunch of different Manga were put together. I read them all, quite liked what I'd read of One Piece, and went ot the dealer's hall.

And then noped out of the series then and there.

Top Bottom