• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers] [General Anime Summer 2019] Create a General Anime Thread, with the light God could not know

Sankarah

Not Quite a Grognard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I can sympathize.

Years ago, at a convention, the first issues of a bunch of different Manga were put together. I read them all, quite liked what I'd read of One Piece, and went ot the dealer's hall.

And then noped out of the series then and there.
Yeah. I mean, it’s not Pokémon, but it still makes DBZ and Naruto look like small fry, which is no mean feat.

Remember when Rumiko Takahashi’s works were considered long? My how times change!

Pandora Caitiff

Goblin Princess
Validated User
Carole & Tuesday #13 - and there's the mid season tilt (and new credits. Don't like them yet). It's always immigration isn't it?

Tejina Senpai #2 - This is a terrible show, and I'm terrible for enjoying it :ROFLMAO:

Machikado Mazoku aka The Demon Girl Next Door #01 - finally, more Kirara! And excellent Kirara, at that! 💖 There's so much snappy banter.
Just watched this and was immediately sold on it. For all the reasons you've given, but also the ridiculous background stuff like the tin-can telephone and hide and seek (or should that be 'foreground' thanks to the shot composition?) I laughed a lot, and sympathised with poor Yuko. I think I'm going to enjoy this one a lot!

MABfan11

Validated User
finally seen the first episode of Arifureta and oof, it's a rushed mess that doesn't explain anything and is just confusing to watch. had it been a 2-parter it would have been much better

Count_Zero

Game Master
Validated User
What's even more bewildering is that the time my Crunchyroll account got hacked, the person used it to... watch the first two episodes of One Piece. Like, they had control of it for weeks, and that's all they did. They even changed the subtitle language and stuff, so it seems like they were actually watching it.
That's more ambitious for when mine got hacked - they watched a bunch of School Live and the first half of Stardust Crusaders.

Shay Guy

Validated User
Yeah. I mean, it’s not Pokémon, but it still makes DBZ and Naruto look like small fry, which is no mean feat.
DBZ maybe, but saying it makes Naruto look like small fry is a bit of an exaggeration. One Piece is ongoing and Naruto isn’t, but it’s still “only” about 30% longer.

Count_Zero

Game Master
Validated User
they clearly want you to get on the JoJo train
I'd already watched the first series, and was going to be watching Stardust Crusaders in a bit - so it's not like I wasn't on the JoJo train. It's like they were trying to steamroll me into prioritizing Stardust Crusaders.

EDIT: It's a useless gesture. Really useless.

Pandora Caitiff

Goblin Princess
Validated User
DanMachi/Picking Up Girls in a Dungeon II #0 - It's a recap/clip show. Although given it's been four years, and we had Sword Oratia in the mean time, I can't grumble too much. And I admit I'd forgotten a few pertinent things.

I have missed Hestia though. She's both awful and wonderful at the same time

(edited because I mistook it for the first episode of season two, and not a bridging episode)

neOmega

Validated User
Dr. Stone 02: Enter invincible Tarz-san, punching lions and boulders. Absolutely ridiculous, but at least it's entertaining. And it doesn't take more than the 3rd revived person to bring conflict into the community.

DanMachi 01: Ack, if they needed that kind of assholery for plot reasons, they really could have picked some other god than Apollo for it. He should be the cold-blooded, inhumanely rational type of villain, not mr. crazy psycho twisted faces. That aside, I'm always happy to see Hestia. (ꈍᴗꈍ)

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? 01: This show feels pretty meh so far, despite the premise. There are some funny bits scattered throughout the episode though. The transportation into the gameworld avoids the usual cliches, and doesn't even pretend to make sense. Our run-off-the-mill bland MC is surprisingly enthusiastic about having been sent there without his consent, and doesn't bother to ask how long that beta test will be running and if there's any way to get out before it ends. Okaa-san is just fine.

Top Bottom