• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers] [General Anime Summer 2019] Create a General Anime Thread, with the light God could not know

awesomeocalypse

Validated User
what a horror show. of course any incident of mass murder is fucking evil, but something about burning innocent people is especially heinous and cruel.

Blackfang108

The Lord Wolf
Validated User
Yeah, I was up late and saw the news before I went to bed, but before there was a known death toll.

Then this morning I looked up what they've done, as I was curious. And died a little inside.

Ultimate Chicken

Social Justice Chicken
Validated User
As far as works are concerned, KyoAni has scrapped an upcoming Free! movie due to loss of work and staff members who are familiar with the art direction and style. On the grapevine, one name has popped up too: Yasuhiro Takemoto, producer with the likes of Hyouka, Nichijou, Dragon Maid, FMP Second Raid under his belt. (Not to say the others weren't important, apologies in advance).

Well, shat.

That toll I posted should not change anymore, all humans are out of the disaster zone and the fire's out. 33 casualties, 36 injured/hospitalized, 4 escaped. The building's apparently safe and to code, just that an office building's fire suppression system is not designed to handle a fuel explosion on that level of malevolent control and scale. :X

For those who are curious, the following has appeared. It contains an image of the building's layout and where everything was found. Anyone who is good at sequencing from just a picture may be triggered, so it's in an sblock.

Last edited:

Stormfalcon

Just slumming
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That toll I posted should not change anymore, all humans are out of the disaster zone and the fire's out. 33 casualties, 36 injured/hospitalized, 4 escaped. The building's apparently safe and to code, just that an office building's fire suppression system is not designed to handle a fuel explosion on that level of malevolent control and scale. :X
Whether the toll changes or not will depend on if any of the 36 injured take a turn for the worse or not. I'd say it's still too early declare it to be a set figure at this point.

When I first saw the news last night, when we didn't have any reliable figures on casualties, I had hoped that not only would KyoAni pull through this, but go on to rebuild and continue to excel to spite the arsonist who pulled this shit off. Now that the casualty rate is better known, and much higher than hoped, I have to admit that the hopes I had last night will be much, much more difficult for them to achieve. Not impossible, but considering that nearly half the staff in that building perished and most of the other half was injured to varying degrees (not to mention having to live with going through that hell and its aftereffects), any recovery would be an achievement.

Snumpus

Validated User
I'm so, so sorry for those people. Even those who are unhurt have lost half of their coworkers. Gods. I hope the perpetrator is never released.

I was about to start watching Fire Force based on the good feedback, but I think I'm going to need to set that aside for a time.

Count_Zero

Game Master
Validated User
Yeah - there was stuff about this current season of anime I had been thinking about posting in this thread and... it just feels tacky now. Even watching the other anime I was planning on getting caught up on (Ultraman) feels weird under the circumstances.

Fae

sing of hope to the new dawn
Validated User
As far as works are concerned, KyoAni has scrapped an upcoming Free! movie due to loss of work and staff members who are familiar with the art direction and style.
I don't have time to say much at the moment, but this is not true. Only the showing of a scheduled trailer was cancelled. There also haven't been any names of the dead released by authorities yet as far as I am aware. There's a fair bit of misinformation flying around due to poor translations on top of the general difficulty of putting together accurate news so quickly, so please be careful about what you repeat.

Sankarah

Not Quite a Grognard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
How would people feel about a dedicated thread for KyoAni news? I’m thinking that such a thread might alleviate the sense of awkward tackiness that would come with discussing other shows here while this is all unfolding. Also, it’s a big enough deal that I think it deserves it’s own thread in any event.

Top Bottom