• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers] [General Anime Summer 2019] Create a General Anime Thread, with the light God could not know

Davies

Validated User
Danmachi II #6

Bell: Welf, did you just bring me to the red-light district? Welf, do you realize that your life won't be worth ten cents if Goddess ever finds out about this?

q_3

Ge.
Validated User
Granbelm - That was even more intense than I expected. The format of social episode followed by battle episode is unusual, but I think they allow for a solid combination of momentum, character building, and spectacle. And I'm increasingly eager to see where this all ends up. We're down to just one antagonist, but we have way too many episodes left and she seems to be paired off against side-character Kuon anyway.

Wasteful Days of High School Girls - Another hilarious episode, though I'm almost more impressed at how sensei has turned out to be an actually pretty good teacher (or maybe it's just in comparison with the horrible teachers in O Maidens).

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
Dr. STONE 07: Here. Now. At last. Welcome to the real show. Welcome to the full cast. Welcome to the future.

Meet the SCIENCE BROS.

sarellion

Validated User
Granbelm - That was even more intense than I expected. The format of social episode followed by battle episode is unusual, but I think they allow for a solid combination of momentum, character building, and spectacle. And I'm increasingly eager to see where this all ends up. We're down to just one antagonist, but we have way too many episodes left and she seems to be paired off against side-character Kuon anyway.
Yeah, great episode , but it that it was hard t follow at times given all the flashy lights and explosions.
Wasteful Days of High School Girls- Another hilarious episode, though I'm almost more impressed at how sensei has turned out to be an actually pretty good teacher (or maybe it's just in comparison with the horrible teachers in O Maidens).
The sensei is rather impressive, he really got a class of crazies.

Sankarah

Not Quite a Grognard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Dr. STONE 07: Here. Now. At last. Welcome to the real show. Welcome to the full cast. Welcome to the future.

Meet the SCIENCE BROS.
The lack of Tsubasa makes this show ten billion percent better. Good course correction, I'm in for whatever comes next.

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Never heard of it. Let's check out the trailer.

...Okay, I think I found my new WIW series. Does anybody mind if I do that?
Damn, yeah. That made me nostalgic for watching Trigun in the early 00s and going 'THIS IS THE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN.'

Sankarah

Not Quite a Grognard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've just seen the trailer, but I already can tell you this is further confirmation that SOMEONE at Netflix, possibly the CEO, is a massive fan of 90's anime. This is so Trigun/Outlaw Star it's physically painful.

And I'm 100% okay with that. :cool:
If it channels Outlaw Star I'm more than game. Trigun, not so much; I will never forgive that show for its bait and switch, and accompanying tonal whiplash, midway through.

Rainfall

Validated User
Just saw the first episode. Lovin' it. Not the height of humor, but it's still crazy action gonzo post apoc western fun. This is my thing.

If it channels Outlaw Star I'm more than game. Trigun, not so much; I will never forgive that show for its bait and switch, and accompanying tonal whiplash, midway through.
Oh I'm sure people's tragic backstories will come up sooner or later. That's kind of a fundamental aspect of the genre, even Outlaw Star had it's downer moments. ;)

That said, I don't expect the swerve to be that severe. And Philly is very much not a Trigun protagonist. He's not some pacifist airheaded demigod, he spends most of his time flailing around wondering why everything is always crazy all the time.

Also, SAM is a delight.

EDIT: Gotta say, I enjoy how non-white it is. Yeah I know, japan, anime blah blah blah. But there's a lot of people in Canon Busters who are explicitly not caucasian or generic japanese.

Last edited:

mr_stibbons

Validated User
There can only be one winner at the end of the day. I'm expecting a final battle between Mangetsu and Shingetsu.

Rainfall

Validated User
Ok yeah, Canon Busters certainly doesn't wait to show it's darker side. Certainly got a bit of Borderlands in it's DNA.

Top Bottom