• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers] [General Anime Summer 2019] Create a General Anime Thread, with the light God could not know

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
...and new, accompanying hypothesis: these people's whole history is faked. Polina was on a voyage to find new worlds... and something was going to happen to Earth...

...it's been more than 12 years.

Edit: note that Polina has not yet said "Earth" out loud in the kids' presence, nor have they spoken the name of their world in hers (can't remember what the name is, come to think).

Last edited:

Huor

Validated User
Now you have me wondering if maybe the kids were on a completely different time scale. Is this date AD 2051 or is it RD 2051?

sarellion

Validated User
I think it´s AD. When I saw the date the first time in episode 1, I found it quite odd and still do. 2063? The manga started publishing in 2016, so in less than 50 years spaceflight has matured enough to have commercial spaceflight like today´s air travel and people are comfortable enough with other planets are high school trips without adult supervision are a thing? Even to some really tame world like McPa. Also it seems that it´s a tradition that´s going on for several generations. Aries met an old woman who went to Space camp when she was in Caird High. If she´s in her sixties she would have gone to McPa somewhere around now.
So yeah there is definitely something fishy about the timeline, unless it´s an alt-Earth where human progress differed significantly in the past and FTL travel developed somewhere in the 20th century or even earlier. Or it´s some kind of BSG thing with humanity on different planets.
Maybe Polina and the kids have a different time scale, she uses a different, bulkier looking space suit than the kids. OTOH it could be an explorer model, I assume kids on a field trip to a nature resort don´t get a fully kitted out space suit meant for deep space exploration.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
unless it´s an alt-Earth where human progress differed significantly in the past and FTL travel developed somewhere in the 20th century or even earlier.
Charce's backstory involves some very different 20th-century geopolitics on Earth, at the very least.

sarellion

Validated User
Ah yeah, right. I was mre focused on them deliberately making a medieval nation with commoners as second class citizens which has tourism.

sarellion

Validated User
Machikado 7:
Shamiko´s mom certainly knows how to shut up bossy inlaws real quick. Also the curse is gone...somewhat.

sarellion

Validated User
Granbelm 8
Hm, that was certainly something. They shook up things quite a bit and we got some ominous hints about Mangetsu. I think the next battle will be Kuon+Suisho against the Getsu´s.

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User
Aikatsu Friends ep70:
Heaven & Hell remains my favorite union of opposites in this show, but Fire & Ice have been pretty adorable. I liked the passionate yet restrained coreography in their love song. It seemed reflective of their relationship dynamic; they long to be together, but they're not sure they still fit. So they move very carefully whenever they're close.

I want an AMV of these dorks set to that Dandy Warhols song so bad.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Symphogear. In which the show us not hesitant to remind the viewers just how insanely powerful previous seasons' villains were.

Spoiler: Show
Five ultimate songs not enough? Here, have a song with the strength of 7 billion!

And Miku gets the classy dark transformation sequence we've all be waiting for.

Sankarah

Not Quite a Grognard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Dr. Stone: Wow, what a brilliant course correction. No more Tsubasa, stone age antibiotics, stone age ramen, and such a great cast. This show was a hair's breadth from failing the three episode test, but now it's one of my favorites this season. Glad I stuck around!

Top Bottom