• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers] [General Anime Winter 2019] Penguins Are Never a Coincidence

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Didn't realize Slime was ending at 23. Isn't 24 more common?
There are actually two more episodes scheduled ; it's just that they'll be side-stories instead of continuing the main plot.

And wow, episode 23 had terrible pacing. Rimuru nearly effortlessly solving the kids' problem (with barely the complication of some story hooks for later) in less than half the episode. A long montage of not-particularly-interesting city building, set to an insert song. Token tease of a new villain. Another montage set to a song with the ending credits. Epilogue as Rimuru leaves the kids. And that's it. This kind of shameless padding is all the more striking given how much of the second half of the season has felt like fast-forwarding.

Blackfang108

The Lord Wolf
Validated User
Yeah, next season looks SUPER strong even after the delay of Chihayafuru season 3!
I was just looking at the list, and only a couple were really jumping out at me. I'm also a cheap and lazy asshole, so if it's not on Crunchyroll, I'm definitely not watching it.

Edit: especially as my to-watch list on there is... epic.

I also don't pay much attention to who's working on what.

I'll be honest, this thread caused me to put a bunch of things on my list this season and last, and it'll probably happen next season. But I have older shows I want to watch, too! Precure, A Place Further Than the Universe, Golden Kamuay, and many more!

Dulahan

Validated User
I was just looking at the list, and only a couple were really jumping out at me. I'm also a cheap and lazy asshole, so if it's not on Crunchyroll, I'm definitely not watching it.
I'm like that, well, unless it's on Prime. Netflix too, but those are a season late because Netflix is lame like that. So it being on Netflix might mean I forget it.

Blackfang108

The Lord Wolf
Validated User
I'm like that, well, unless it's on Prime. Netflix too, but those are a season late because Netflix is lame like that. So it being on Netflix might mean I forget it.
I do have Netflix, but same.

Edit: also, this may not be the right place, but if anyone is coming to ACEN this year, I'll be working the TableTop Gaming section.

Fae

sing of hope to the new dawn
Validated User
This kind of shameless padding is all the more striking given how much of the second half of the season has felt like fast-forwarding.
I haven't yet watched past the Charybdis arc, and it's sounding more and more like I should just leave it there. Slime was always a borderline "just barely curious enough to watch" thing for me anyway.

CaButler

Validated User
Next season has new shows from Ikuhara and Watanabe, among others. Might be hard to stay away. >.>
I don't know what he's doing, but I'm already sold. I'm sure I'll be confused about what's going on 90% of the time, but I'm certain I'll make sense of it... eventually.

CynoT

Nuclear Energy Advocate
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't know what he's doing, but I'm already sold. I'm sure I'll be confused about what's going on 90% of the time, but I'm certain I'll make sense of it... eventually.
Don't worry. We'll be right there getting confused with you!

I've posted it before and I'll post it again, for those curious about the stuff that got skipped and other details, I can answer it all. The only issue is that there was so much content that I can only narrow it down to a list of things to choose from.

As for episide 23, it ended the way it did and where it did since it's now caught up with the manga. As one of the primary producers, Kodansha has a lot of say on production since most of the committee is made up of their guys. The idea is for the anime to be a hook to get people to pick up the manga.

Top Bottom