[Spoilers] [General Anime Winter 2019] Penguins Are Never a Coincidence

Blackfang108

The Lord Wolf
Validated User
I've posted it before and I'll post it again, for those curious about the stuff that got skipped and other details, I can answer it all. The only issue is that there was so much content that I can only narrow it down to a list of things to choose from.

As for episide 23, it ended the way it did and where it did since it's now caught up with the manga. As one of the primary producers, Kodansha has a lot of say on production since most of the committee is made up of their guys. The idea is for the anime to be a hook to get people to pick up the manga.
Because I don't already have an epic reading backlog.

Because I don't already have an epic reading backlog.
In a way that's just it WE are not the primary audience, Japan is, and with that in mind the anime did it's job REALLY well given how MASSIVE the sales bump for the manga and LN were according to our info guy on Reddit. The adaption did leave much to be desired though. That can be rectified though by way of a second season focusing on the skipped material with additions from the Slime Diaries Spinoff manga.

Fae

with true devotion
Validated User
I don't know what he's doing, but I'm already sold. I'm sure I'll be confused about what's going on 90% of the time, but I'm certain I'll make sense of it... eventually.
Don't worry, it looks perfectly straightforward.

See? Nothing at all mysteriously symbolic or suggestive of multilayered meaning. >.>

PenguinZero

Wark!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Looking at the description of Ikuhara's new work... I'm not reading too much into it, am I?

The stage is Asakusa.
One day, three second-year middle school students — Kazuki Yasaka, Toi Kuji, and Enta Jinai — meet a kappa-like creature named Keppi, who is the self-proclaimed heir to the throne of Kappa Kingdom. Keppi forcibly takes the students' shirikodama (a mythical organ kappa steal through a person's anus) and they are transformed into kappa. Keppi informs them, "If you want to return to your former selves, you need to connect in 'that way' and you must bring me the shirikodama of zombies." Will the three boys be able to connect and take the shirikodama of zombies?
At the same time, two policemen, Reo Niiboshi and Mabu Akutsu, try to do something at the police box where they are stationed.
It's certainly not like he hasn't touched on gay male themes before, especially in Utena, and after Yuri Kuma Arashi, he might be feeling it's time to look at the other side of things...

Fae

with true devotion
Validated User
Looking at the description of Ikuhara's new work... I'm not reading too much into it, am I?

It's certainly not like he hasn't touched on gay male themes before, especially in Utena, and after Yuri Kuma Arashi, he might be feeling it's time to look at the other side of things...
It has a prequel/spinoff manga about Reo and Mabu that's published in a BL magazine. That might be indicative of something.

Shay Guy

Validated User

Back when the first trailers were coming out a year ago, it was noted that the pink/yellow/blue motif in the trailers and YouTube banner matched the colors of the pansexual flag. The kappa forms of the middle-schoolers have scarves matching those same colors.

Breogan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I may be way behind the curve, and I dont watch almost anything, but I have to say that I finally got to watch Mob Psycho 100 second season episode 9 and I'm very happy the show didnt went grimdark on me.

Top Bottom