• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers] [General Anime Winter 2019] Penguins Are Never a Coincidence

Count_Zero

Game Master
Validated User
Good gravy, that sounds like a royal mess. I don't even know what to make of it at this point.
Again, when the original novels were written, Axis Shock in Char's Counterattack was a one-time thing. There was only the one psycho frame (maybe a second with Char's mech), and it was presumed destroyed in the process (which is why finding it is a big deal in one of the Crossbone Gundam novels).

Gundam Unicorn and Narrative threw a monkey wrench in all of that - to the point that I completely get why, in SRW V, they stuck that part of the Universal Century in a different universe from the Crossbone Gundam characters.

q_3

Ge.
Validated User
Rinshi! Ekoda-chan #10 - That was the most bizarre thing I've seen this year, and I love it.

Dulahan

Validated User
Oh my god... how the living hell did Amazon find a way to make their subtitles look even worse? because they did!

Amberpup

Validated User
(Cheetah, Pronghorn and Roadrunner are fast due to their inborn abilities. Serval is fast due to being massively over-leveled).
I thought Serval was fast due to her chanting "Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow!" as she ran.

CynoT

Nuclear Energy Advocate
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Rinshi! Ekoda-chan #10 - That was the most bizarre thing I've seen this year, and I love it.
Is Ekoda-chan's still approximately a minute and half of actual Ekoda-chan and twenty minutes of the director and voice actress of the week talking about the episode? If not, what is the current structure of the episode?

I thought Serval was fast due to her chanting "Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow!" as she ran.
Unbeknownst to anyone in Japari Park, this is actually the Speed Formula for the Japari-universe.

Fae

sing of hope to the new dawn
Validated User
If you want another taste of Sarazanmai (the upcoming Ikuhara show), this PV just came out:

I noticed a particular shot of hands in there that's straight from Utena. Just a little different this time.

yukamichi

Unregistered User
Validated User
Aikatsu Friends 48
Featuring THE LEGENDARY AIKATSU AXE (apparently the producers got my angry letters complaining about this year's Christmas episode).

Meanwhile, on episode 5 of Fight League... (the spoiler is only there to hide a silly animated gif as a courtesy to people reading rpg.net at work)
Spoiler: Show

This show is far more entertaining than it has any right to be.

q_3

Ge.
Validated User
Is Ekoda-chan's still approximately a minute and half of actual Ekoda-chan and twenty minutes of the director and voice actress of the week talking about the episode? If not, what is the current structure of the episode?
It's a three minute short followed by commentary, yes. I've just been skipping the commentaries.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
They've been spicing up the commentaries a bit recently. Last week the director was so "shy" that they had a voice-actor speaking for him. This week they also brought in an artist who contributed a lot to the weirdness.

That's still not enough to make me watch the commentaries (I stopped after two), although I do usually let them run a bit just to see who was voicing Ekoda-chan this week.

Bicorn

Validated User
Does it bug anyone else following A Certain Magical Index III on Crunchy that the subtitles call ベツレヘムの星 "Star of B'Tselem" when it's obviously supposed to be Star of Bethlehem? I know it's easy to get confused when words get transliterated to katakana and back, but with all the other stuff drawing from Christian mythology in the show this one should be fairly obvious. (And yes, I checked, ベツレヘム is how Bethlehem is normally spelled in katakana.)

Top Bottom