[Spoilers] [General Anime Winter 2019] Penguins Are Never a Coincidence

Bira

Validated User
Every time I read the title "Sorcerous Stabber Orphen" I cannot help but think they must have been desperate to find a synonym for "mage knight" that wasn't yet copyrighted.

CaButler

Validated User
Date A Live III - Episode 11

Spoiler: Show
Kotori: Yes, we are making reasonable choices here that a normal, reasonable person would do on a date.

Shido: I'm going to do the crazy ones nobody picked.

Kotori: God damn it, Shido!

But it all works out in the end. Now we have Origami back to her usual, Shido obsessed self. Only this time, she's going to stop holding back now. Yes, she was apparently holding back all this time. Shido's love life is going to get more interesting now.

MABfan11

Validated User
Egao no Daika/The Price of Smiles Episode 12/Finale:

this finale was a bit disappointing compared to the build-up. IMO, Layla and Stella should have had a longer scene, Stella argued more with Yuki about her plan. having another episode where they dealt with the consequences of the plan and their attempts to keep it from going off the rails would have really made it a satisfying ending

Dulahan

Validated User
Kotobuki 11 - Wow, hell of a fight going on here! And confirmation of something I'd long been suspecting. Gonna be weird to see what this ends up being.

(I mean, even as an Isekai hater, I figured this was basically a long after the fact Isekai setting of sorts ;) )

Rainfall

Validated User
Kotobuki 11 - Wow, hell of a fight going on here! And confirmation of something I'd long been suspecting. Gonna be weird to see what this ends up being.

(I mean, even as an Isekai hater, I figured this was basically a long after the fact Isekai setting of sorts ;) )
It's playing it's cards close to the chest there. Just two episodes to go and I've got no idea what the endgame is.

And GOD do I hope Leona gets her pound of flesh. Girl deserves it.

EDIT: Oh and I saw the PV for One Punch Man season 2. Trailers usually show off the most impressive animation from the first episode. You know, the episode with a high budget designed to hook you. I think I'll need to watch an episode or two to watch a bit of the car crash before moving on to the actually good shows of the spring season.

It's not that I care, I cooled a lot on OPM after seeing what ONE can do as a more accomplished writer.

Last edited:

Rainfall

Validated User
And another few months of people hating on Emilia.
Re:Zero is extremely Not My Thing so I haven't really been in the loop on anything surrounding it. Just out of curiosity: is there anything justified there or is it 100% overshadowing best girl Rem? Or something even less surprising like not being the trophy she "should" be for Subaru?

Rainfall

Validated User
I'll put the answer in spoiler blocks, as I don't know if you've watched the show and might not want to be spoiled on some early but interesting reveals:

Blue haired demon girl who did a heartfelt confession and got shot down. Hard. Like every anime girl with her hair style. :p

I'm surprised you asked, I'M not watching the show and still managed to get the details through internet osmosis.

Top Bottom