• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers inside] Wheel of Time casting

Corlan

Validated User
I've not heard of any of them, but the look has me cautiously optimistic, I could see this being really good.

Save-vs-DM

Knight of Stumptown
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, they all look the part, at least! But I want to see them act. Has anyone seen any of these folk in anything?

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
I'm unsurprised they got relative unknowns for the younger cast, especially after getting a big name for Moiraine.

Now I want to see Lan and Thom...

Kiiratam

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Look at how many braids she has! Imagine how long it'll take her to tug all of them! Glory in it!

They're going to have to have a light touch with Perrin, given the 'big scary black man' stereotype. But I trust Perrin's status as an actual cinnamon roll to help with that.

I wonder if they're going full race-blind on the castings, or just for Emond's Field (and presumably the midlands in general). It's not like we don't have strong visual signifiers in terms of clothing, but I can see it either way.

Tambourine

Spirit Princess
Validated User
Yea, making Perrin scary would be such a colossal mishandling of the character that I can't really see that happening.

I know none of these people's previous work, but at least they all look very pretty. I'm very much looking forward to seeing them on screen.

Save-vs-DM

Knight of Stumptown
RPGnet Member
Validated User
They're going to have to have a light touch with Perrin, given the 'big scary black man' stereotype. But I trust Perrin's status as an actual cinnamon roll to help with that.
He's easily the most lovable and I really hope it goes well. Beyond having narrower shoulders than I mentally pictured, he looks pretty darn good!

Save-vs-DM

Knight of Stumptown
RPGnet Member
Validated User
He damn well have a lot to do, since Perrin is so much my favorite. Also, they really did cast him almost exactly as I saw him, only a shade lighter in skin tone. Well, and I think he's a bit too scrawny for a dude who's shoulders are mentioned every other paragraph. But I can deal with that if the actor is good.

Barney is so damn good that I've actually supplanted the mental image I had with his head shot. Of course Mat has a cleft chin!

Zoe looks great, but I still need to see her physically acting before I really believe her as Nynaeve. I mean she totally has the braids, and she looks fierce enough, but it's hard to gauge attitude via head shot.

awesomeocalypse

Validated User
This is outrageous, this doesn't match how the characters are supposed to look at all! Haven't the casting directors seen any of the original Wheel of Time cover art? Clearly these characters were always intended to look like dopey, ill-proportioned goons in awkward poses and terrible clothes! This is a betrayal of bad 90's fantasy artists everywhere!

On a slightly more serious note, that is a hella attractive cast. Like, CW show level hot.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
This is outrageous, this doesn't match how the characters are supposed to look at all! Haven't the casting directors seen any of the original Wheel of Time cover art? Clearly these characters were always intended to look like dopey, ill-proportioned goons in awkward poses and terrible clothes! This is a betrayal of bad 90's fantasy artists everywhere!
I'm obliged to point out that that while Darryl K. Sweet isn't exactly the best character artist, he is a great landscape and fantasy artist. He wasn't also givenucj information to base the covers off of. Just basic descriptions of the scenes.

Top Bottom