• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers] Supergirl - Season 4 - Episode 22 - "The Quest for Peace"

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
Discussion for the Supergirl season finale. I'm hyped. Wont get to see it until tomorrow morning or when I wake up in the middle of the night. ;)

Spoiler: Show
Lex Luthor descends upon Washington, D.C., and summons Lena and Lillian Luthor to the White House; when Supergirl realizes she has one last chance to stop Lex, she turns to the power of the press to help.

CWalck93

Doom Priest of Peace and Happiness
Validated User
Good finale... not really happy with the Monitor schenannigans at the end of the show but understandable.

Nessalantha

Validated User
I'm glad Brainy got re-rebooted. I wasn't sure if that would happen.

But Lex's parting shot to destroy Lena was completely expected, though I was somewhat hoping to be wrong. When Lena killed her brother in cold blood, though, that was pretty much her jumping over the moral event horizon. (Though seriously, keeping a man alive who has almost destroyed the world a number of times and engineered taking over the United States, however briefly, does seem a little foolish to me.)

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
Damn. That was an epic finale.

I'm curious where Lena knowing Kara's secret will go. I think she'll go dark for a while, but I think in the end she'll be saved.

Who/What is Leviathan?
Who was the Martian?

Damn. Just so good.

CWalck93

Doom Priest of Peace and Happiness
Validated User
Leviathan... I'm betting that it is some sort of Cthulhu like creature or monster... that takes control of everybody's mind and twist them etc. Seriously was it just me or did the old lady seem to actually the Luthor clan's mom in makeup? Not sure on that btu it seemed that way.

The Martian was just... weird... I have no idea who that was. Somebody from his past that Jon put in some sort of prison or something?

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
I've done some research on the Martian. It is Ma'alefa'ak, J'onn's brother that seems to be a pretty nasty piece of work.

There was a criminal organisation in Batman called Leviathan, but I doubt it's that. Also there is an upcoming DC event called Leviathan by Bendis and Alex Maleev. Since it hasn't started, I doubt it is related.

Kirayoshi

Mrs. Peel, we're needed.
Validated User
There was a criminal organisation in Batman called Leviathan, but I doubt it's that. Also there is an upcoming DC event called Leviathan by Bendis and Alex Maleev. Since it hasn't started, I doubt it is related.
"Event Leviathan" is the event, and it springs out of Bendis's work on Superman. So a connection is not out of the realm of possibility.

Seriously, I always figured that Lena's reaction to being told that Kara was Supergirl would be, "Wait, you mean that was supposed to be a secret?" I mean, Maggie and Cat figured it out on their own, it's not that well-kept a secret, all things considered.

vernuf

Validated User

Nessalantha

Validated User
Seriously, I always figured that Lena's reaction to being told that Kara was Supergirl would be, "Wait, you mean that was supposed to be a secret?"
Yeah, seriously. But Lex took great pains to point out the Lena was foolishly overlooking all the hints to preserve her blindness, and her friendship. She basically didn't know, because she didn't want to know. She didn't want to hate her friend.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pretty sure that was the Anti-Monitor. His portal bringing the Martian to Earth was different than previous portals and IIRC, he's supposed to look like the Monitor when out of his armor.
Doesn't he need the armor to exits/survive on the postive matter universe?

Top Bottom