• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Spoilers] Supergirl - Season 4 - Episode 22 - "The Quest for Peace"

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
The Anti-Monitor doesn't look vaguely human, or anything like the Monitor. The Monitor first showed up in the comics as a villian forcing various supers to fight each other. And his plan relied on the villians helping out during the Crisis, so I could see him bringing Lex back.
Out of his armor the Anti-Monitor was a vaguely humanoid energy blob.
I don't think he ever really stepped into the positive matter universes himself.
Can't find a good picture for now, but obviously the Arrowverse version could totally look just like the Monitor if they decided to go that way, so not ruling out that its the Anti-Monitor reviving Lex, just saying it would be within the Monitor's wheelhouse.

Last edited:

Lord Shark

Varoonik!
Validated User
After the Reign mess last year, the writing staff seems to have learned a lesson about putting everything on one Big Bad, since we had multiple Bads this season -- Lockwood, the Elite, Red Daughter, Lex. (In fact, you could say that about the other Berlantiverse shows this year -- Flash had the two Cicadas and Reverse-Flash, while Arrow had Diaz, Dante, and Emiko.) Still, the problem with juggling so many villains and storylines is that some of them get short shrift, and I thought Lockwood's story in particular got cut awkwardly short. Which is a shame because Sam Witwer was doing some great work earlier this season as a villainous demagogue who couldn't be beaten just by Supergirl punching him in the face... so they end his story by giving him super-powers and having him get punched in the face.

Still, it was a great improvement on season 3, and I'm looking forward to seeing where they go from here.

Dave999

Validated User
After the Reign mess last year, the writing staff seems to have learned a lesson about putting everything on one Big Bad, since we had multiple Bads this season -- Lockwood, the Elite, Red Daughter, Lex. (In fact, you could say that about the other Berlantiverse shows this year -- Flash had the two Cicadas and Reverse-Flash, while Arrow had Diaz, Dante, and Emiko.) Still, the problem with juggling so many villains and storylines is that some of them get short shrift, and I thought Lockwood's story in particular got cut awkwardly short. Which is a shame because Sam Witwer was doing some great work earlier this season as a villainous demagogue who couldn't be beaten just by Supergirl punching him in the face... so they end his story by giving him super-powers and having him get punched in the face.

Still, it was a great improvement on season 3, and I'm looking forward to seeing where they go from here.
I think Lockwood's story ended with his imprisonment and they sort of dragged him out. He's a domestic terrorist and only got away with his deeds by writer fiat.

Crothian

Validated User
That was a lot of fun. They managed to pack a lot of action into a single episode and still set up some cool details for next season. Nice to see Alex back in a relationship. It will be interesting to see where Lena's arc takes here. I'm pleased Lex is going to be back in some capacity hopefully they will be able to use him throughout next season.

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Lockwoods story ended with Journalism taking him down when simply punching him couldn't.
I do agree empowering him in the first place was a mistake, at least they corrected that.

Capeträger

Validated User
I wonder - how credible was the Kaznian invasion attempt anyway? I mean, if Lex had fought on their side instead against them - they still would have lost, wouldn't they?

Dave999

Validated User
I wonder - how credible was the Kaznian invasion attempt anyway? I mean, if Lex had fought on their side instead against them - they still would have lost, wouldn't they?
Well, Lex can destroy the Sun and he had Evil Supergirl so I'd say they could have won. Just...maybe not much of a United States left.

vernuf

Validated User
So when Red Daughter died for real and turned into that mist that Kara absorbed, was I the only one who thought, "Upgrade!" ?

taschoene

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I still like this show, but man, the writers room needs to go back and rethink how to write natural-sounding dialog. So much of the "Yay for the media" lines seemed very clunky and forced, however strong the sentiment.

Top Bottom