IC Spring's Fling, Autumn's Thorn [Urban Shadows]

Keal

Drifting in the abstract
Validated User
Lucas' hackles rise, and he immediately begins to move much more slowly, never taking his eyes away from the lengthening shadows. Furthermore, the existence of the cold is something that he hates; it's always a part of London, after all, but being that he is of the Spring Court, he is more focused upon the break of winter's grasp and the movement into warmer climes.

And this is decidedly the opposite.

Drawing forth defenses, reaching out to an elemental existing just beyond mortal ken, he closes his eyes ever so briefly and opens them again. When he does so, his eyes have shifted into an unnaturally bright shade of green, and motes of energy leak from their corners and drift up into the ceiling to disappear into the aether. He scans the room again with his new, supernatural vision.

OOC: Lucas extends his supernatural senses with Let It Out. Something is definitely amiss. Let It Out - Extending supernatural senses: 2d6+1 6 And yet he cannot quite put his finger on it... BUT, I will mark experience. Ugh.
 

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Unfortunately - or perhaps quite fortunately - you don't see, find, or detect anything out of the ordinary. It is simply just... odd. There's really no other word for it. It's likely just a series of strange coincidences (which are far from unknown to the Fae) but ones that cause your spine to stiffen slightly in anticipation of something awry happening. Then again, you were just dealing with one of the unquiet dead, so perhaps you still bear traces that have drifted into your environment.

Or maybe you're cursed! Or just overreacting. It's hard to tell. Turning on your lamp banishes the shadows, adjusting the heater a notch wards off the chill, and slipping beneath your covers helps you relax at long last. Finally your eyes slip closed, and you can take some well-deserved rest.

Until the flames burst once more around you, and Walter's hideous laughter consumes your thoughts until nothing is left but burning agony and mocking sound.

You jolt awake again.

Maybe no rest for you after all.

OOC: You're at 4 Experience. One more and you Advance! I know technically you're only supposed to Advance after interacting with all four Factions, but I don't really care about that in a solo game. Also you didn't have to mark Corruption!
 

Keal

Drifting in the abstract
Validated User
As he dresses that same morning - now attempting to look as sharp as possible - Lucas knows that the day is likely going to go balls up if he doesn't play his cards right. Unfortunately, for what he needs, he can only think of one individual who can help with the issue within the park - and perhaps the history of the area in general - and that's a mortal by the name of Tabitha Greene. Thankfully, she was once all bite (with the bark), but the years have taken their toll and now it's more bark than bite - or so he hopes. Mortal veterans who are aware of the goings-on of the rest of the underworld and its politicking are always the most dangerous.

Her office still resides nearby, and she oversees aspects of the City of London Information Centre. Lucas hates going into the city proper as it simply doesn't feel right, but this is the only option. Her job allows her to keep tabs on all that there is to see and do with the city limits, but he also knows that her old connections still exist.

Hemmed in by the Tube, he hopes that he is making a wise decision. Mortals are a fickle lot, and mortals who know too much are even more dangerous...

OOC: Lucas is going to Hit the Streets in the hopes of opening up communications with mortal authorities about the park and what can and cannot happen. Hit the Streets - Tabitha Greene [Veteran]: 2d6+0 7


Sitting outside her office in the plush chairs isn't all that bad, especially as the large glass windows facing the streets below offer a gorgeous view, but he finds himself tapping his fingers nervously against the leather of the armrest nonetheless...
 

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Ms. Greene will see you now," her receptionist informs you, a small woman with bleach blonde hair and crow's feet that looks to be getting on in years. Fortunately, she's as clueless as most mortals about both your nature and her employer's, so there's nothing to worry about. You rise from your seat, discarding the barely touched styrofoam cup of cheap coffee you were offered, and enter the office after knocking twice in a formal manner.

The room you enter is sparsely decorated and quite austere, befitting the nature of its occupant. The main ornamentation on the dark blue walls are framed photographs containing a numerous assortment of varied figures, many of them accompanied by an obituary next to them, nailed harshly into the sheetrock. A bookshelf looms, bare save for a couple of knickknacks from foreign countries and three books on mythology, their covers falling off and spines broken.

Near the rear of the office in front of a large bay window mostly hidden by black thermal curtains is a medium-sized metal desk covered with a scattered assortment of papers, coffee cups, and a flickering half-open laptop. The trash can next to it is overflowing with takeout boxes and crumpled paper balls. However, all of this only serves to highlight the room's lone figure, seated in a swivel chair that's seen better days.

A long, lean body with dark skin, still cut well with muscle even in her advanced age, concealed by a pressed gold blouse. Calloused fingers with a prominent wedding ring laced in front of a tired, weathered face set with a pair of piercing blue eyes. Several neat braids of black hair mixed heavily with grey trail artfully down her back, a style she's no doubt kept most of her life.

Tabitha Greene, a veteran of the esohuman world, mortal but respected. Even the most dangerous amongst the supernatural give pause when potentially forced to deal with her, as she's lost little of her expertise and acumen even in her twilight years.

"Lucas Strongbranch of the Seelie. Welcome. Please, sit. You wanted to see me? Something about the square's park in East End, yes?" Her voice is weary and rough, but still carries hints of situation awareness and readiness.
 

Keal

Drifting in the abstract
Validated User
Lucas looks across at Tabitha and wonders just how sharp her proverbial teeth are in spite of the weariness she exhibits. While I'm fond of being bitten, he thinks, this most certainly not the situation...

Breaking away from that reverie - the one thing that actually brought him a moment of pleasure in this maelstrom of recent misery - he focuses his attention entirely upon the matter at hand. "Tabitha," he says, allowing the smoothness of his voice to slip in to his words, "it's so good to see you. You're looking well." After a pause, he adds, "Love the office. The decor is so...," and he finally settles upon a word, "you."

Peering out at the trees that exist, hemmed in by the concrete around them, he turns back to her and says, "Yes, I'm here about the Park." Considering how best to reveal the information and why he's here, he says a little more slowly, "I... am trying to help someone with an issue. It has to do with murders that apparently took place a long time ago." Glancing out again at the city at large... off into the distance until his eyes cannot focus any further and all becomes a blur, he adds, "And there's a body. In my park. And a very, very unhappy spook."

Leaning forward in his chair eagerly now, he grins from ear to ear and says, "You're so connected, so powerful, that I knew that I needed to come to you first." He is quite certain that she has heard this song and dance many times over, but it never hurts to try, even if he is less than sincere in spite of his best efforts.

OOC: Lucas attempts to Persuade an NPC with honeyed words. Persuade an NPC - Tabitha Greene: 2d6+1 5 Another experience point, huh? So that's five total now?
 

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Don't attempt to flatter me with milk and honey words, Lucas. I know the wiles of the Fae all too well for you to try such things, and sweet speech is a tactic used too many times on me by those lacking in such utterances. I applaud your efforts with a mild golf clap though - you did your best."

She leans back in her chair and sighs, the weight of years immeasurable upon her shoulders. "Look. What you've told me is a pretty unpleasant thing no doubt, and it's not as if agents of both Night and other factions haven't attempted to budge the Wraith of Eleanor Layton from her haunting grounds in the past. Such a place is marked as historical ground however, the process to remove even a single old tree from the grounds is mind-boggling."

She rests an elbow on the desk, her lithe fingers propping up her head. Her index finger rubs up against her temple, and Lucas can now sense a tiny trace of agitation, a remarkable feat thanks to Tabitha's iron will and self-control. "I can't help you. At least, not right now. I'm juggling my own problems currently, and I have no time to slog through the titanic amounts of red tape required to do what you're asking of me."

OOC: Indeed. Take an Advance of your choice.
 

Keal

Drifting in the abstract
Validated User
Lucas winces inwardly - and perhaps a little outwardly - stemming from the words that are about to spill forth from his mouth, but he cannot help himself. With a soft clearing of his throat, made to sound casual and disconnected, he asks, "And what problems, praytell, would those be?" When she glances up at him, his eyebrow is arched - a very carefully planned facial expression, one he has used *countless* times over the years - and he spreads his hands open, palms up from the armrest.

"Perhaps I can be of some service to you. You know, a bit of the old quid pro quo and all that."

OOC: I selected the single advancement of +1 Spirit, which now brings me to a 2 overall.
 

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Unexpectedly, a mild chuckle issues from her that almost turns into a full-fledged laugh for a second before being abruptly cut off.

"Mm. Yes. Perhaps so. I'm getting too old for this nonsense though - I don't want to delve back into the matters of the supernatural anymore. I spent my entire youth and my golden years doing that, and look where it's gotten me."

She seems resolute in her denial at first, her expression stony and immovable... but then her shoulders sag just a fraction, and the wall crumbles with the tiniest of gaps. "But yes, I could use some assistance. It's a delicate situation you see, one I can't really approach without basically having to kill everyone involved for being such stubborn jackasses."

She taps something out on her laptop then turns it to you, showing you a map of a familiar area. "You know the London Docklands, right? Well, there's two forces currently struggling over territory there - the Vamps and the Thropes. Classic conflict, right? Well it's causing problems among the mortal communities and disrupting shipping business! They want me to handle it, but I'm inclined to just send in a throng of hunters to take them all out and stop the situation permanently. But then that will cause more problems than it solves as well."

She points deftly at you, aggravation and concern mixed in equal parts upon her face. "You want help? Go in there and fix this by picking a side and helping them win. With this problem gone I can focus on other things, and that includes your issue."
 

Keal

Drifting in the abstract
Validated User
OOC: I've seen this post... I'm just going to have to think on this one for a little bit. I'll have something up soon - but seriously, talk about a dilemma! Yikes.
 

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: I've seen this post... I'm just going to have to think on this one for a little bit. I'll have something up soon - but seriously, talk about a dilemma! Yikes.
OOC: No problem, take your time. I'm sure you'll come up with something. :)
 
Top Bottom