IC Spring's Fling, Autumn's Thorn [Urban Shadows]

Keal

Drifting in the abstract
Validated User
With the Docklands more than doubling in population over the last 30 years, Lucas has been able to witness first-hand how things have impacted those who were always there, and now more than ever, the entire zone was prime territory. He could sense it the very moment he stepped off of the tube and ascended the stairs to the top street. People were everywhere, and no longer were they they bedraggled masses who nearly broke their backs on a daily basis working within the many warehouses dotting the entirety of the landscape. Instead, Lucas rubbed elbows with those who believed themselves to be trendy - and the same ones who now inhabited the countless flats that used to be the warehouses themselves.

I can readily see why this would be prime hunting territory for a nightstalker, he thinks to himself, but also something wholly undesirable for anyone trying to maintain any of the Old Ways.

Nearly being bowled over by a gaggle of young teenage girls - all with lattes in hand and nearly the same outfit (just different colors - How pathetically... basic, he thinks), he immediately began to desire a place of relative solitude. Unfortunately - or fortunately, he could not decide - this would take him directly into the territory of the lupines.

And so... Lucas began making his way toward an area with which he was, at least, partially familiar - an area with the highest rate of poverty, unemployment, and pay inequality of any other borough in London: Tower Hamlets.

OOC: As he walks, Lucas begins to Investigate a Place of Power. Investigate a Place of Power: 2d6+2 14


As he walks, he wonders: Who would be on par with his own level of power - not too high, and most certainly not too lowly - in order to best pay tribute to first and foremost, and what are they facing on a day-to-day level within their own territory? Certainly events were afoot in terms of territory alone, but within the microcosm of an area, one could find the most unique things.

Even though he might be moving against his most recent spirit friend's (Is she a friend? he wondered) Faction, at least he might be able to serve his own in the grander scheme of it all.
 
Last edited:

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tower Hamlets isn't a high point of the East End, but neither is it riddled with gangs or crime either -- simply struggling with the reality of being lower class citizens in a modern society that denounces such ideas. With over 70% of the population being Muslims, things can sometimes get heated betwixt them and the Protestant citizens, a cold war with occasional unpleasant skirmishes that is mimicked and exacerbated by the conflicts between the esohumans that stalk the shadows.

Your Fae sight lets you see Tower Hamlets as it is truly is: an untamed wilderness of moon-soaked nature and spiritual association on one side, and a bloodstained Gothic nightmare filled with sharp words and sharper teeth on the other. Heading deeper into the open grass and shady trees of lycanthrope territory, you eventually find yourself in a lush backyard garden, where a wizened man in a wheelchair sits facing away from you at a beautifully lacquered wooden table, a tea kettle and two cups resting upon a porcelain tray nearby.

Reaching out with a wrinkled hand covered in a finger-less glove, he carefully pours himself a draught of rich brown liquid from the kettle, adding in a spoonful of honey and a dash of milk. Swirling it gently, he raises it with his arm extended as if in greeting, before taking a slow sip. "Forgive me for starting without you," he says in his smooth voice that does not belie his age, "but I had a powerful thirst."
 

Keal

Drifting in the abstract
Validated User
Lucas smiles, but not overly so. Well, at least we're off to a good start, he thinks.

"No, I most certainly don't mind," he states, "but I formally request permission of entrance into your domain so that I might entreat with you." When the older gentleman simply waves his hand airily, Lucas strides forward and sits across from him, crossing one leg deftly over the other and lacing his fingers over his knee. Inspecting the man's features for but a moment, the fae knows that he has found his appropriate place.

"Lovely garden," Lucas comments, taking in the surroundings. "And I, for one, can truly appreciate a well-tended to slice of earth in an otherwise concrete jungle." After a beat, he adds, "Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Lucas Strongbranch, Fae Scion of the East End, honorably bound to the Spring and Seelie Courts." Reaching out to touch the ornately lacquered table, he admires its beauty and yet laments the loss of the tree that helped make it. Looking up again, he announces, "I come here of my own volition, however, and represent neither. I do believe, however, that I alone might be of some service - in one fashion or another - in the ongoing struggle that takes place here."
 

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I see. Well then."

That's all he says for a long moment as he slowly savors his tea, enjoying the wind and sun. Minutes pass before he finally sets his cup down and waves nonchalantly towards the kettle in a vague "help yourself" motion.

"I am Mazdamundi, Wisdom of Mind and Body," he says at last. "Be welcomed under the auspice of the Protean, the Old Kind. You wish to assist in the struggle between us and the Bloodborn? In what ways could you aid us in winning this everlasting conflict between our two sides?"

The elder seems quite curious and a little intrigued, turning a gaze the rich color of witch hazel upon you.
 

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: K Keal are you okay?
 

Keal

Drifting in the abstract
Validated User
Lucas considers the question asked of him for moments perhaps far too long, but, steepling his fingers, he eventually mentions, "We... have ways of manipulating emotions." Now palms open and outward, he shrugs and admits, "It's less direct than, say, tearing someone to shreds, but," he adds with a smile, "it's no less effective."

Glancing about the garden again, appreciating all that it has to offer, he then leans in and says, "Perhaps if I knew someone on the other side of things... a lesser, a soldier, someone... dispensable, then I might be able to stir up quite a commotion."
 

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lucas considers the question asked of him for moments perhaps far too long, but, steepling his fingers, he eventually mentions, "We... have ways of manipulating emotions." Now palms open and outward, he shrugs and admits, "It's less direct than, say, tearing someone to shreds, but," he adds with a smile, "it's no less effective."

Glancing about the garden again, appreciating all that it has to offer, he then leans in and says, "Perhaps if I knew someone on the other side of things... a lesser, a soldier, someone... dispensable, then I might be able to stir up quite a commotion."
"Oh ho," the old man replies, a thoughtful expression crossing his face. "I assume that means you witnessed the clashing line between the two influences then, and the strong emotional resonance that accompanies it. You might prove helpful after all... seeing as how the Autumn Court has offered its assistance to the Bloodborn."

That statement hangs in the air as Mazdamundi finishes his tea and pour himself another small cupful, before filling a second one and setting it in front of you. He takes a pinch of some kind of gold powder from one of the many pouches hanging off his chair and dusts it into your drink. The liquid begins to swirl of its own accord, mixing the fine substance in before settling.

"Drink deep of the Dreaming Dust, young Fae, and you will see what must be done -- this old man has not the means to convey such a thing."
 

Keal

Drifting in the abstract
Validated User
Lucas' face cannot hide the shock stemming from the pronouncement that the Autumn court has sided with the vampires. At the same time, however, it didn't surprise him. He still needed to find the most feared killer - and now thief - that those in his world knew to exist. He wanted, in that moment, to ask more questions, but a blaze of anger flared in his gut, and without a moment's hesitation, he picks up the cup, eyes the one known as Mazdamundi over its lip, and then knocks back the entire concoction.

It was time to begin fighting back...
 

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Within seconds you feel your eyelids begin to droop, and then without warning darkness takes you as you succumb to slumber. In the depths of the Realm Dreaming you come to be as a small humanoid plant figure standing before a door of iron. Though it burns you terribly, setting your fibrous skin aflame, you wrench it open and dive into an ocean of Truth.

You see a singular figure stalking through shrouded streets, white as marble, clad in clothes of deep grey. Upon finding a hapless transient in an alleyway, the masculine monster makes a strange motion with one hand, a bloody glow encompassing both it and the passed out homeless. In moments the entirety of the blood in the transient's body flows out, erupting as a sanguine stream that courses into the vampire's mouth. A name forms in the splattered droplets left behind: Vicente Valtieri. The figure, satisfied, departs leaving but a lonesome forgotten corpse in its wake.

And then -- you awaken, jolted as if by a great impact. Mazdamundi gazes at you quietly, another cup of tea at the ready and extended to you. "Drink," he says simply, "it will refresh you."
 

Keal

Drifting in the abstract
Validated User
Lucas' chest heaves and he draws a deep breath, gasping, as if he were trapped underwater. Working to slow his heart rate, the Fae says, "I've experienced visions before, but nothing quite like that." Lucas takes up the teacup with a hand that slightly shakes and says, "I'm quite certain about what I can do at this point, though. Thank you for that."

Pursing his lips and staring into the dregs of his teacup, Lucas comments, "I had no idea they were so... careless with human life." Glancing up to look directly into the eyes of Mazdamundi, he adds, "Spring is for the growth and protection of all things, not just of the natural world." Standing, he bows slightly in thanks of the time spent in good company. "I believe I have my work cut out for me," Lucas says. "I sincerely hope I can help bring this all to a close."
 
Top Bottom