IC Star Trek Adventures: Reac (Opening Thread)

stinkyfool

Validated User
OOC: That sounds good with the trait to help out the pilots. Can Jon move to working on getting the ship running? Or is that just an assist role? Let's get everyone off this crazy planet!

Momentum 5 Threat 6

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
[ooc
OOC: That sounds good with the trait to help out the pilots. Can Jon move to working on getting the ship running? Or is that just an assist role? Let's get everyone off this crazy planet!

Momentum 5 Threat 6
OOC: Shath is in charge. But the task is indeed complete

suedenim

Validated User
The cure dispersal system being functional, Kerani keeps watch on the door.

OOC:
This would be a Guard action in combat, but since (I hope?) we're not actually in combat yet, what's the appropriate game action?

Zebra

Validated User
The strobing, pulsing lights of the vegetation save Verdan from running headfirst into a Romulan guard. Rounding a tree-fern with lurid yellow-green fronds he ducks back as the leaves pulse with light and illuminate a soldier standing guard at the neer end of the bridge. She is semi-crouched against the wild wind and seems to be shouting into a communicator, twiddling with it in an obviously frustrated way. There is a long stifling moment of anticipation as Verdan anticipates the burn of disruptor but it seems as if the glare hid him at just the right moment.

OOC: Sneaking past over the bridge would be almost impossible, say a 6 Daring Security. Circling round and climbing down and up the ravine would be a 4 Control Security
OOC: Could I opt to try to stun him with my phaser and run?

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Could I opt to try to stun him with my phaser and run?
OOC: Absolutely, as long as he is alone...

Zebra

Validated User
Verdan hits the ground behind the bushes, certain he has been spotted as well. When he realizes he hid in time, he takes a moment to fully assess the situation before deciding how to act.

OOC: Verdan is going to try to see what is going on in the area. I don’t recall if he gave up his tricorder at any point, so I’m going to say he still has it, unless the GM says otherwise. Using that to boost his ability to look for other Romulans anywhere in the area, since it can scan for hidden hostiles.

Insight + Security is a target of 15, and Constantly Watching should apply to make the crit zone to 4. Also going to spend one momentum. 7, 2, and 5. The 2 is a crit, so that is a total of four successes. Going to roll for Untapped Potential...5, so one more momentum and one more threat.

Momentum 5+?
Threat 7

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The cure dispersal system being functional, Kerani keeps watch on the door.

OOC:
This would be a Guard action in combat, but since (I hope?) we're not actually in combat yet, what's the appropriate game action?
OOC: You are not currently in combat but it seems like the appropriate action for the circumstances. Alternatively you could use the Runabout's scanners to help you scan the area, with the risk of producing an energy signature that others might pick up.

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Verdan hits the ground behind the bushes, certain he has been spotted as well. When he realizes he hid in time, he takes a moment to fully assess the situation before deciding how to act.

OOC: Verdan is going to try to see what is going on in the area. I don’t recall if he gave up his tricorder at any point, so I’m going to say he still has it, unless the GM says otherwise. Using that to boost his ability to look for other Romulans anywhere in the area, since it can scan for hidden hostiles.

Insight + Security is a target of 15, and Constantly Watching should apply to make the crit zone to 4. Also going to spend one momentum. 7, 2, and 5. The 2 is a crit, so that is a total of four successes. Going to roll for Untapped Potential...5, so one more momentum and one more threat.
The interference is tremendous, great spikes of atmospheric energy muddling the results, but Verdan's careful adjustment and patience causes the tricorder to silently deliver results. There is nobody nearer to the guard than him but there are lifesigns behind him in a rough line with the closest about 20 metres back. It may be a skirmish line but some of those signs may also be devolved scientists roaming through the bush. If the Romulans are systemically sweeping the bush Verdan realizes he will be flushed out in minutes. He needs to act fast.

OOC: Scanning would normally be a 2, with the level 2 "energy disrupting atmosphere" trait that Jon established earlier it is a 4. A Momentum spend gets more information.

Momentum 6 Threat 7

suedenim

Validated User
OOC: You are not currently in combat but it seems like the appropriate action for the circumstances. Alternatively you could use the Runabout's scanners to help you scan the area, with the risk of producing an energy signature that others might pick up.
Kerani thinks about using the scanners, then decides against it. It seemed far more important to keep their own location hidden than to learn the locations of the Romulans.

Instead, she keeps watch over the door with her phaser, as instructed.

OOC:
Security + Control - 0
Guard action: 2#1d20 19 8

1 success, so the door is properly guarded.

Zebra

Validated User
The interference is tremendous, great spikes of atmospheric energy muddling the results, but Verdan's careful adjustment and patience causes the tricorder to silently deliver results. There is nobody nearer to the guard than him but there are lifesigns behind him in a rough line with the closest about 20 metres back. It may be a skirmish line but some of those signs may also be devolved scientists roaming through the bush. If the Romulans are systemically sweeping the bush Verdan realizes he will be flushed out in minutes. He needs to act fast.

OOC: Scanning would normally be a 2, with the level 2 "energy disrupting atmosphere" trait that Jon established earlier it is a 4. A Momentum spend gets more information.
Verdan can't be sure that the other life signs are Romulans, but he decides the risk is too high to stay put. The best course of action is to disengage and then drop into the ravine, and once out of earshot tell the others to blow the bridge.

OOC: Verdan is going to attempt to do that without getting spotted again. Control and Daring are both 8, so either way with Security that is a target of 12. No relevant foci. Spending one momentum for an extra die. 13, 2, and 6. That is only two successes, so hopefully the Romulan is distracted by our bridge.

Momentum 5 Threat 7

Top Bottom