IC Star Trek Adventures: Reac (Opening Thread)

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As if to punctuate his thought a massive flare of energy touches down about fifty metres away and everyone is blown off their feet as a shockwave of energy pulses outward together with a blizzard of splinters and broken foliage. One of the Romulan marines falls bleeding from the head. "Get you man! This place is going to hell!" Jekka bellows over the howling wind.

OOC: Everyone Daring+Security, difficulty 2
 
Last edited:

suedenim

Active member
Validated User
Kerani is moving toward Verdan to examine him as the shockwave hits.

OOC:
Spending 1 influence
Shockwave reaction: 3#1d20 15 10 8

2 successes, so just enough.


Momentum - 4 Threat - 2
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User

stinkyfool

Registered User
Validated User
Jon works quickly on the ship, trying to identify what the blast was and where it came from.

OOC:
Not sure what roll is here...

Momentum 4 - Threat 2
 

BVrtis

Registered User
Validated User
Shath throws himself to the ground as the discharge goes off close by, trying to avoid the debris suddenly choking the air.

OOC: Spending a Momentum for a third die, the roll has a TN of 12. Good thing I got the third die as the result is 10, 18, and 8 for just enough. Untapped Potential rolls a d6 for a 2 for two more Momentum.


Raising his head and then the rest of himself, Shath taps in the communicator, “Sound off, what’s everyone’s status?”

Momentum - 5. Threat - 2.
 

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jon works quickly on the ship, trying to identify what the blast was and where it came from.

OOC:
Not sure what roll is here...

Momentum 4 - Threat 2
It looks as if the buildup of atmospheric energy is even more powerful than expected.
OOC: control+science 1 and the Runabout can help.
 

stinkyfool

Registered User
Validated User
Jon replies over his communicator, "Jon onboard ship. Running scans"

OOC: Control +Science (D1, TN14)
2#1d20: 2 # 13 [1d20=13] 11 [1d20=11]
SO that's two successes
Ship Assist Roll- not sure but think it's TN8
1d20: 15 [1d20=15]

Momentum 5 - Threat 2
 

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jon works the sensors furiously, using every trick in the book to compensate for the insane interference in the atmosphere.

The readouts in the runabout show massive buildups of energy in concentric rings, the pattern that Jon saw before when the planet was building up to discharge a massive energy beam. The ground-spike at the facility had restarted them with a vengeance.

The polaric energy waves are even more intense now and the rings are converging towards a new epicentre. It makes sense. If the planet was directing the beam at a specific source the source of the beam would move round the planet as it rotated and orbited its star... Jon quickly throws up a model of this solar system and maps his model of the previous beam onto it, zooming in to see where the epicentre would be.

Only six kilometres away. The Runabout and everyone on the ground are like flies crawling on the lens of an immense laser.

OOC: Two solid bits of information. More available for momentum spends
 

Zebra

Registered User
Validated User
Verdan hits the ground as the energy hits.

OOC: Daring + Security is target 12. If situational awareness applies, a 4 will crit. Spending one momentum for an extra die. 10, 3, and 3. So that is either three or five successes. Not rolling for untapped potential because we are maxed out either way.


His uniform takes a beating, but the energy of the blast passes over his head without effect. As soon as he is sure it is safe he moves for the ship to start looking at the data.

OOC: Can I make a science roll for further info on what is happening, and what it will take to survive it?
 
Top Bottom