OOC [Star Trek Adventures - TOS Era] Boldly Going

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The physics here is so terrible that it almost hurts me to type, which is how I know we're in the Star Trek sweetspot.

ncc2010

Blue Blaze Irregular
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: So, you have 3 plans: time travel, subspace rip, or virtual particle duplication. Each has costs and potential risks, and they're all going to be Difficulty 5 to pull off in time. It's up to you how you want to approach this.
Gee. I'm glad I'm not Captain right now.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Gee. I'm glad I'm not Captain right now.
Yeah, but my difficulty is that I'd be giddy with excitement to go for all 3.

All three of them have potential to spawn a whole new narrative sequence on their own - have this be the Cold Open and the actual episode happens on the other side, if y'all (and especially the GM) were up for that. It would particularly amuse me to end up in the TNG or even STO timeframe and have to get back via time travel, or we could rip back out of subspace into an alternate universe... Or of course, everything could actually go right ;) Just a thought.

ICly, unless someone makes an impassioned pitch for their plan, Azolla's probably going to make the call for time travel because it's the one of the three that she knows has sort-of been done before.

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Some time hopping could definitely be fun, and I'm up for that if it's what you all want to do.

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Okay, it sounds like there's some broad support for time hopping, so we'll go with that. I have a couple of ideas for where that might lead.

Let's make the the roll to attempt the time travel, anyway (despite the fact that we know it's going to go a little sideways) - we'll use the success or failure of that roll to determine how much immediate danger you're in after you jump forward.

Edit: Also, I don't know anything about STO beyond the very broad outlines, so I'm going to avoid that time period just to prevent any confusion.

Top Bottom