• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC [Star Trek Adventures - TOS Era] Boldly Going

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, I hope they still respect a good insult.

Ok, changes to Azolla to reflect having captained for a while, and grown in skill with that while letting some others atrophy. I'd wanted to bring these out earlier into the episode boundary, but my sinuses tried to squeeze my brain out my ears the past few days.

-Command to 4, Medicine to 4
-Reason and Control to 9, Presence and Insight to 10
-Swap Bold: Medicine for Cautious: Command
-Swap Emergency Medicine focus for Diplomacy
-Swap Field Medicine talent for Cold Reading

Also I hope this version of Klingons still enjoy a good insult battle!
(I started with Picard's drop-the-mic insult from The Mind's Eye and changed it around for a different shade of meaning; I love Qu'vatlh as an exclamation. Really fits in the IT world...)

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, I hope they still respect a good insult.

Ok, changes to Azolla to reflect having captained for a while, and grown in skill with that while letting some others atrophy. I'd wanted to bring these out earlier into the episode boundary, but my sinuses tried to squeeze my brain out my ears the past few days.

-Command to 4, Medicine to 4
-Reason and Control to 9, Presence and Insight to 10
-Swap Bold: Medicine for Cautious: Command
-Swap Emergency Medicine focus for Diplomacy
-Swap Field Medicine talent for Cold Reading
That all looks reasonable.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh, also should change some values...

'You're all still my patients' (referring to the crew) changed from 'I am my patients' last line of defense.'

And in that case...

presence+command 14/4 with diplomacy specialty and 1 threat: 3#1d20 17 14 14

Ow. Really wish we had some momentum I could steal to reroll that 17. Still, 2 successes. Maybe Tiv can assist by presenting a more classically Andorian battle-ready front?

(And the crew who aren't from warrior-culture backgrounds are probably thinking 'ohhh shit...')

Zebra

Validated User
With the new characters coming on, if you want to make some adjustments, that's fine.
Great. I know I want to change at least one value to something easier to challenge and maybe adjust a skill, but I’ll send specifics later.

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
So, my life has been messy the past couple of days due to personal stuff, and work is about to suck hard, so I may be somewhat terse in my posts the next couple of weeks. My apologies.

I am not sure I see any obvious changes that need to happen on Carrie. She is playing pretty much the way I want (except when I roll a 15, 16, 17, and 18, which sucked).

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: BTW, she's a Master Chief Petty Officer, or "Master Chief." Warrant Officer is a different thing altogether, and not necessarily a Starfleet thing in canon, though a few other Star Trek RPGs apparently included warrant officer ranks.
Doh, sorry. For some reason my brain started at "Chief" and then 'corrected' to "Warrant Officer".

Zebra

Validated User
Things I'd like to alter about Tiv:

The value "Starfleet is family" - I don't think its particularly challengeable as is, especially compared with his other values. A possibility that would fit in with his background might be something along "I must trust my instincts," so that his rapid promotion can lead to second guessing himself it's a push to go with what seems right rather than searching for the "correct" action. Other thoughts are welcome.

In his disciplines, I'd like to move one dot of engineering into command, to reflect his growing experience as the XO.

Finally, I'd like to shift his focus in jury rigging to phasers.

Will stick with current numbers waiting approval.

Top Bottom