• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [Star Trek Adventures - TOS Era] Boldly Going

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Lt (j.g.) Carolina Hamill

Carrie pauses in the act of plotting the course to a system nearby but more towards "historical" Federation space and turns toward Maur.

"Wow. I mean, wow."

Shaking her head, she turns back to her nav console.

OOC: Plot Course vs difficulty 2 (3-1 from Advantage), buying 1 die with momentum. Reason 9/Conn 4 + ship's aid die Computers 8/Conn 2. Astronavigation focus applies, as does Technical Expertise Talent.
Plot Course +1 die: 3#1d20 1 4 4 - so. 6 successes.
Ship's Aid: 1d20 18 - nothing
Technical Expertise reroll: 1d20 5 - 1 success

Net: -1 momentum, 7 successes vs difficulty 2, using 1 momentum to pull up basic info for the base that she plotted a course toward (so at the end, there should be +3 momentum in our pool).

Maur jokes are best jokes.

Zebra

Validated User
Azolla's antennae pop up at the strangely rounded, lumpy ship's name. "Well, I suppose it's nice to know, whatever happened, that they had time to build a few Endeavors after us..." she observes dryly, then idly ticks off the several regulations that just got broken. Then she steeples her fingers. "Is it stable enough to board? If we can salvage any computer data, that might give us more of a clue..."
"Nothing is a live out there, Captain." Tiv replies properly. "No active threats other than the Briar Patch itself. Once the borders are mapped we can determine if it is safe to send a party across."

Tiv relaxes his demeanor as he turns to the Tellerite at the Science station. "Hellek, I need you and T'Has to map out the edges of the horrible death zone, highest priority. If I'm leaving my corpse in this time line, it needs to be for a better cause than this."

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I heard tell," Maur replied, ever so dryly, "that Temporal Affairs has published a manual for proper time travelling grammar. They left everything after Future Perfect tense blank because they said it's not."
Carrie pauses in the act of plotting the course to a system nearby but more towards "historical" Federation space and turns toward Maur.

"Wow. I mean, wow."
"I'll ask who came up with that when I'm going through debrief," Azolla observes in reply. "I like bureaucrats who try to have a little fun..."

"Nothing is a live out there, Captain." Tiv replies properly. "No active threats other than the Briar Patch itself. Once the borders are mapped we can determine if it is safe to send a party across."
Azolla sighs and nods. "A decloaking D-7 or whatever number they'd be up to by now would almost be reassuring at this point. But yes, if there's a hint of a similar spatial anomaly forming, we get the frozen hell out before we have to jump even farther into this mess of a future."

ncc2010

Blue Blaze Irregular
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Skipper," Maur said seriously, "I think we need an Engineering team to go check out that other ship from the inside out, scanners indicated that it should hold together. We took some pretty serious damage and while we can still fix ourselves, spare parts for later would do us good."

Last edited:

Zebra

Validated User
“I agree, Maur,” Tiv replies. “But only once we confirm it won’t immediately kill us.”

OOC: By virtue of plot I assume we’ll be able to go, but IC we don’t yet know if the ship is still within the Briar Patch insta-death zone.

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
“I agree, Maur,” Tiv replies. “But only once we confirm it won’t immediately kill us.”

OOC: By virtue of plot I assume we’ll be able to go, but IC we don’t yet know if the ship is still within the Briar Patch insta-death zone.
OOC: What's left of the ship is not in the death zone.

BVrtis

Validated User
Putting an image of the Briar Patch onscreen, Hellen patiently explains, “This other ship, other Endeavor, does not appear to be within your ‘death zone’ commander. It should be safe to send a team over to board and find what information we can about this timeline.”

ncc2010

Blue Blaze Irregular
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I'm ready," Maur said, "why are we still here?"

She hadn't hit the intercom for her Engineering team to head for the Transporter room, but...knowing her...she probably had a DC party standing by, ready to go. On the pads. With someone's hand on the controls.

Zebra

Validated User
Tiv immediately stands and joins her, and a member of the security team takes station as he does so. “On it. Who else do we need to bring?”

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Number One, are you planning on arguing me out of going?" Azolla smirks at Tiv. "This might be exposing everyone who goes to psychologically disruptive revelations about their prospective future, so a therapist should be present." She glances around the bridge for other picks.

Top Bottom