• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [Star Trek Adventures - TOS Era] Boldly Going

BVrtis

Validated User
“Captain, based on what we are seeing here, it seems we are being followed by a clan of Jindarians.” Heller frowns down at the memory tapes spooling by with their data. “I recommend that we attempt a hail, but be prepared for a hostile response. If we can, Commander Th’Qysren, modulate the phaser arrays output to account for the armor present.”

suedenim

Validated User
MCPO Sylvia Kulkarni
Kulkarni adds "I also might suggest exploring the possibility of taking out or piercing their anti-transporter field somehow. A boarding action might be a better option than trying to blast through a rock quarry first."

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Azolla takes a deep breath. Her first thoughts run through tactical scenarios, too, but something nags at her.

Oh. Right.

"They might just have taken up here, thinking nobody would have any reason to come poke around their own private glacier," she points out. "Let's not get itchy trigger fingers because the Klingons are breathing down their necks. Those planetesimal-ships will have noncombatants and children aboard." She looks out at the viewscreen. "Conor, hail the lead ship in the formation." She frowns thoughtfully. "Speaking of blasting, that's probably the best bet to damage them quickly, if it comes to it. Pit out holes in the rock with phasers on tight beam, then ram torpedoes down to maximize fracturing of the bedrock instead of just stripping regolith. Probably best if we can lock our trajectories together with a tractor beam first." She pauses. "But, again, let's see if we can talk."

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Elisabet ni Conor

Conor nods, already adding the routines to send out the hail, simultaneously running a snoop to see if she can catch any transmissions between them - or, for that matter, any that the Klingons are sending, anywhere.
"Aye, Captain."

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Lieutenant (j.g.) Carolina Hamill

Carrie breathes out a sigh of relief as she realizes that she will not be ordered to open fire on the Jindarian clan vessel. A thought then occurs to her, and she turns to the Captain.

"Captain, if we weren't here, how do you think that the Klingons would respond to the Jindarians? With violence, right?"

With a worried frown, she turns to the nav-scanners before continuing, "And then the whole region of space goes to heck... pretty much forever."

Zebra

Validated User
"Klingons respond to everything with violence. It's their only tactic," answers Tiv. "How we respond to these Jindarians will be determined by their actions."

OOC: I want to set up battle plans for the various possible combinations of factions fighting, basically trying to give us the advantage of "prepared for combat" or the like, should it be required. I'm guessing that is reason + security, which is a target of 13, but if I can use insight the target is 14. Ship to ship combat focus is active. Not spending momentum. That is a 1 and 5. Four successes to make sure we are prepped for a fight.

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User

"Sorry, Commander, maybe I was unclear," Carrie says hesitantly, "We weren't here in the future's timeline. The Klingons would have been. The destruction of... y'know... everything may have come from the interaction that would be taking place between the two right now, or someone else SEEING the interaction from deeper in the Patch."

She shrugs then continues, "The situation is laden with importance, is all I'm saying. No pressure."

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Klingons respond to everything with violence. It's their only tactic," answers Tiv. "How we respond to these Jindarians will be determined by their actions."

OOC: I want to set up battle plans for the various possible combinations of factions fighting, basically trying to give us the advantage of "prepared for combat" or the like, should it be required. I'm guessing that is reason + security, which is a target of 13, but if I can use insight the target is 14. Ship to ship combat focus is active. Not spending momentum. That is a 1 and 5. Four successes to make sure we are prepped for a fight.
OOC: Hamill made that try against the Klingons a bit earlier and it didn't work out, but you can certainly give it a shot against the Jindarians. They have Exceptional crews [11/3] and will use their Structure 11 + Security 3 for teamwork; no Threat spend = 3 successes. 4 gets it done with 1 Momentum [2]. Let's call that Transparent Battle Plans, which will apply against the Jindarians if this becomes a fight.

Also, it looks like we're still without squidheadjax squidheadjax , so somebody else please respond to the Klingons or just declare that you're ignoring their hail.

suedenim

Validated User

She shrugs then continues, "The situation is laden with importance, is all I'm saying. No pressure."
MCPO Sylvia Kulkarni

"New uniforms, new challenges, new friends. Enlist in your greatest adventure," Kulkarni says, deadpan.

Most will recognize that she's quoting a Starfleet recruiting campaign from several years back. Widely regarded as cheesy but also quite successful, probably due to the exceptionally well chosen models for the current uniforms.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Captain, if we weren't here, how do you think that the Klingons would respond to the Jindarians? With violence, right?"

With a worried frown, she turns to the nav-scanners before continuing, "And then the whole region of space goes to heck... pretty much forever."
"I take your meaning, Ensign," Azolla nods. "They might have been involved, or just caught up in all this."
A hail comes in from Rotok.
"Hmm. We've let him stew long enough. Put him onscreen. Conor, handle introductions with the Jindari if they respond." Azolla sits up in her chair a little and dourly awaits Rotok's face.

Top Bottom