• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Star Trek: Discovery] 1x11 The Wolf Inside (***Spoilers***)

Matchstick

Validated User
Solid episode, though the Tyler reveal has been so long in coming that it couldn't help but feel anticlimactic. (Whenever they get to the Lorca reveal, we'll probably have the same problem.)

I guess we're to assume that Michael signaled the Discovery that Tyler was a traitor and she was sending over the data along with him in a few taps of the keypad before she transported him? I don't see how they knew to arrest him when they beamed him aboard otherwise.

This Mirror Universe arc has been a lot of fun, I think probably the best Trek Mirror episodes since TOS and the first DS9 one (they kind of went off the rails quickly after that) -- though I confess I don't remember much about the Enterprise two-parter, though I know it's well-regarded.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Validated User
This Mirror Universe arc has been a lot of fun, I think probably the best Trek Mirror episodes since TOS and the first DS9 one (they kind of went off the rails quickly after that) -- though I confess I don't remember much about the Enterprise two-parter, though I know it's well-regarded.
I think the problem with the Enterprise episode is that the characters were operating at the STTOR Sith level of evil, which is to say, doing things that were against their own rational self interest.

Bob Loblaw

Validated User
I’m not the biggest Trek fan, but I’ve been enjoying this run. I like how the Mirror Universe stuff interacted with the Tyler story.

People in previous threads predicted Michelle Yeoh as the Emperor. So not really a surprise, but damn did it work.

I guess we're to assume that Michael signaled the Discovery that Tyler was a traitor and she was sending over the data along with him in a few taps of the keypad before she transported him? I don't see how they knew to arrest him when they beamed him aboard otherwise.
I assumed she messaged them before she went to the transporter room. I think she had time.

LibraryLass

Feminazgûl
Banned
Validated User
Biggest difference in the mirror universe? Detmer gets to speak.
I hope she gets more of a role going forward, I liked her having a part.

Everyone on this show is so bloody devious. Especially Burnham.

This is shaping up to be my single favorite season of Star Trek and potentially my favorite story in the setting.

Solid episode, though the Tyler reveal has been so long in coming that it couldn't help but feel anticlimactic. (Whenever they get to the Lorca reveal, we'll probably have the same problem.)

I think she was sneakily on the holophone with Saru the entire time in her quarters when Tyler flipped.

Vault Dweller

Bard of Hope
Validated User
That was excellent. Can't wait to see Michelle Yeoh doing some Imperial scenery-chewing next week!

(also, I really loved Michael's fervent assertion of Federation ideals in her rejection of Lorca's "noble end justifies terrible means" argument)

Last edited:
Top Bottom