• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Star Trek: Discovery] 2x01 Brother (***Spoilers***)

Matchstick

Validated User
Star Trek is back starting tonight on CBS All Access. Discovery Season 2 will consist of 14 episodes. (The Picard series is set to debut, I believe, later this year.)

Goes online at 8:30 p.m. EST Thursday night.

Discuss!

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
I'm not sure when I will get a chance to watch it, but I am looking forward to it. Dug season 1 and season 2 looks to be even more awesome.

DisgruntleFairy

Validated User
I just watched the episode and I have to say its a significant step in the right direction. I generally enjoyed the first season of Discovery but I also saw it had flaws. This episode seems to take what works well in discovery and built on it.

Bailywolf

bwakbwak
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That was freaking great.

There's a whole lot to rave about, but I'm on my phone. Not ideal for longform hypernerding.

This season looks to be starting damn strong.

Pumped.

Esckey

Validated User
Also seems to still have the trek in Star Trek. It was there in the first season but it was a little limited at times.

I’m not a fan of the Spock angle and storyline(I feel the show is strong enough to stand on its own with out having to bring in certain aspects of The Original Series.) but man is this mystery intriguing and I already love the engineer turned doctor. I hope she gets something for all that work she did, to often stuff like that happens and then is never mentioned again.

Did they change stuff from the previous season ending? I thought the season ending and season two trailers had more to it, ie Number 1, more of the Enterprise. Hopefully that’s in the next episode.

Slybrarian

Self-Replicating Machine
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Number One has been in some of the promo photos, but otherwise hasn't appeared on screen. The last season ended exactly where this one picked up, with the Enterprise swooping in.

I really enjoyed the episode. A nice palate cleanser after last season, which I enjoyed but I'm glad they're doing some sort of science mystery this season. I'm thinking this first signal was placed where it was in order to do some sort of classic morality test. Whoever sent it knew the Hiawatha was there and wanted to see what the ship that came to investigate would do.

Garry G

Hippy Dippy
Validated User
That was the single most Star Trekky thing I've watched in over a decade. I loved all the characters, especially Pike and even the daft science officer.

I like how Michael will now have to go look for somebody. Some sort of search for...

Top Bottom