• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Star Trek: Discovery] 2x08 If Memory Serves (***Spoilers***)

Tom B

Validated User
For what it's worth, this year Wil Wheaton will be the same age Patrick Stewart was when TNG first aired...

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
That was Michael sharing Spock's experience of having mind melded with the Angel. While it looked somewhat like Spock finding the Angel is Michael, I'm pretty sure the shot is meant to show Michael reacting to Spock's experience. But it's not clear, as with Talosian illusions, Spock's memories, and Michael's reactions, we have several layers going on.
If the Red Angel was really Micheal, Spock would probably have recognized her on some level. He might not say this, of course.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
I loved this, and I really loved what they're doing with Pike.

Spock understanding what Burnham was trying to do, and that she's sorry and knows it was terrible, doesn't mean he forgives her.

Georgiou is continuing to enjoy herself way too much. And yeah, the only reason she hasn't had a transporter accident yet is because he KNOWS that if he fails on the first shot he'll wake up dead. And she's had far more dangerous people than him out to kill her her whole life.

The Talosians definitely gave a strong sense of menace without being actively malevolent. Extremely powerful and extremely unconcerned, and extremely paranoia inducing.

I saw the reveal with the transporter illusions a mile away, but it still was incredibly satisfying to see the smirk go off S31's face. Also, I suspect that the Burnham with the quip and Spock going along with it was pulled from Burnham and her dream of the relationship she wants with Spock.

Man the marriage ending was horrible. The only good thing, and I mean that strictly narratively, is that now we can see them fall in love 'again' for the first time.

4th of Eleven

Validated User
A random thought - in "The Menagerie", Spock says he served with Pike for eleven years. He never actually specifies all those years were on the Enterprise. They could have Pike and Spock stick around on Discovery if they wanted to...

(And it's never directly stated that Kirk took command immediately after Pike - if they really wanted to have some fun, they could ret-con in Number One as the Enterprise's captain...)

Agamemnon2

Validated User
I'm wondering where the Hugh plot is going. The angle that Tyler is the only person on board who might know what it's like to be a person, yet not be that person at the same time, is potentially a good one. Hugh2 is Hugh1 pretty much in the same sense as Tyler+Voq is either Tyler or Voq.

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
Man the marriage ending was horrible. The only good thing, and I mean that strictly narratively, is that now we can see them fall in love 'again' for the first time.
It was very understandable, and worked for me.

Paul: "This is awesome! I went back to an earlier save point before these horrible things happened!"
Hugh: "I didn't!"

Also, I got the impression that Starfleet does have shrinks on their major starbases, but thanks to their new status as refugees they will remain inaccessible to the crew of the Discovery.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
It was very understandable, and worked for me.

Paul: "This is awesome! I went back to an earlier save point before these horrible things happened!"
Hugh: "I didn't!"

Also, I got the impression that Starfleet does have shrinks on their major starbases, but thanks to their new status as refugees they will remain inaccessible to the crew of the Discovery.
Oh yeah, definitely understandable. I meant horrible as in ‘upsetting’.

Top Bottom